Apr 2, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
After Kevin Garnett let an F-bomb fly during a press conference Wednesday night, he probably just started carrying his checkbook around with him. Because he knew this was coming.
“Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett has been fined $25,000 for publicly criticizing game officials and for using inappropriate language during a postgame interview, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.”
That’s the official statement from the NBA. Garnett’s official statement was that it was like playing “Michael (expletive) Jordan” the way Kevin Durant was getting calls during the Thunder’s win in Boston. Durant had 15 free throws, the Celtics shot 17. Durant does get some superstar calls now, but for the most part the Thunder got the calls because Boston did not adjust its grabbing, physical defensive style to the tightly called game. Sorry KG, that’s the (expletive) truth.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28