Apr 2, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
After Kevin Garnett let an F-bomb fly during a press conference Wednesday night, he probably just started carrying his checkbook around with him. Because he knew this was coming.
“Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett has been fined $25,000 for publicly criticizing game officials and for using inappropriate language during a postgame interview, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.”
That’s the official statement from the NBA. Garnett’s official statement was that it was like playing “Michael (expletive) Jordan” the way Kevin Durant was getting calls during the Thunder’s win in Boston. Durant had 15 free throws, the Celtics shot 17. Durant does get some superstar calls now, but for the most part the Thunder got the calls because Boston did not adjust its grabbing, physical defensive style to the tightly called game. Sorry KG, that’s the (expletive) truth.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13