Apr 2, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
After Kevin Garnett let an F-bomb fly during a press conference Wednesday night, he probably just started carrying his checkbook around with him. Because he knew this was coming.
“Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett has been fined $25,000 for publicly criticizing game officials and for using inappropriate language during a postgame interview, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.”
That’s the official statement from the NBA. Garnett’s official statement was that it was like playing “Michael (expletive) Jordan” the way Kevin Durant was getting calls during the Thunder’s win in Boston. Durant had 15 free throws, the Celtics shot 17. Durant does get some superstar calls now, but for the most part the Thunder got the calls because Boston did not adjust its grabbing, physical defensive style to the tightly called game. Sorry KG, that’s the (expletive) truth.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 23
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)