Apr 2, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
After Kevin Garnett let an F-bomb fly during a press conference Wednesday night, he probably just started carrying his checkbook around with him. Because he knew this was coming.
“Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett has been fined $25,000 for publicly criticizing game officials and for using inappropriate language during a postgame interview, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.”
That’s the official statement from the NBA. Garnett’s official statement was that it was like playing “Michael (expletive) Jordan” the way Kevin Durant was getting calls during the Thunder’s win in Boston. Durant had 15 free throws, the Celtics shot 17. Durant does get some superstar calls now, but for the most part the Thunder got the calls because Boston did not adjust its grabbing, physical defensive style to the tightly called game. Sorry KG, that’s the (expletive) truth.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 0
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82