Apr 2, 2010, 2:57 AM EDT
This had noting to do with April fools day and everything to do with Charles Barkley doing something very… well, Charles Barkley. Which can be plenty foolish.
You can watch the video yourself. Kobe had dropped by the NBA/TNT but during a conversation about how bent out of shape Kobe’s fingers are, Barkley said that any NBA player has messed up fingers, saying, “My fingers ain’t ever been straight.”
Ernie Johnson said show me your bent finger — and Barkley showed him the middle one. It was pretty obvious what happened, with Johnson even saying he should have seen that coming.
Johnson, always the pro, gave Barkley the graceful way out telling him to say it was an April fools day joke. Barkley replied, “for who.”
There will be a little uproar somewhere, but really who cares? The TNT show works because it feels like a free-flowing, fun conversation where they push the edge now and then. And make sophomoric jokes. And really do everything but pull out towels and try to snap each other with them. Flipping the bird as part of that
Nothing to see here, move along people.
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 3
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44