Apr 2, 2010, 2:57 AM EST
This had noting to do with April fools day and everything to do with Charles Barkley doing something very… well, Charles Barkley. Which can be plenty foolish.
You can watch the video yourself. Kobe had dropped by the NBA/TNT but during a conversation about how bent out of shape Kobe’s fingers are, Barkley said that any NBA player has messed up fingers, saying, “My fingers ain’t ever been straight.”
Ernie Johnson said show me your bent finger — and Barkley showed him the middle one. It was pretty obvious what happened, with Johnson even saying he should have seen that coming.
Johnson, always the pro, gave Barkley the graceful way out telling him to say it was an April fools day joke. Barkley replied, “for who.”
There will be a little uproar somewhere, but really who cares? The TNT show works because it feels like a free-flowing, fun conversation where they push the edge now and then. And make sophomoric jokes. And really do everything but pull out towels and try to snap each other with them. Flipping the bird as part of that
Nothing to see here, move along people.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6