Charles Barkley flips off the TNT crew on air

Apr 2, 2010, 2:57 AM EST

This had noting to do with April fools day and everything to do with Charles Barkley doing something very… well, Charles Barkley. Which can be plenty foolish.

You can watch the video yourself. Kobe had dropped by the NBA/TNT but during a conversation about how bent out of shape Kobe’s fingers are, Barkley said that any NBA player has messed up fingers, saying, “My fingers ain’t ever been straight.”

Ernie Johnson said show me your bent finger — and Barkley showed him the middle one. It was pretty obvious what happened, with Johnson even saying he should have seen that coming.

Johnson, always the pro, gave Barkley the graceful way out telling him to say it was an April fools day joke. Barkley replied, “for who.”

There will be a little uproar somewhere, but really who cares? The TNT show works because it feels like a free-flowing, fun conversation where they push the edge now and then. And make sophomoric jokes. And really do everything but pull out towels and try to snap each other with them. Flipping the bird as part of that

Nothing to see here, move along people.

1. Sguy2130 - Apr 2, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Ernie Johnson probably swings back and forth from feeling like a basketball genius to being tempted to put a gun in his mouth when dealing with an unhealthy dose of Kenny Smith and Sir Charles on a regular basis.

2. Rick - Apr 2, 2010 at 11:44 AM

And we wonder why our civilization is going down hill. And we wonder why we even report this incident and we wonder why we talk about it. Does this mean that we actually care? Abiut our civilization, our culture, our world? I hope so. I don’t want my children to live in a world where Sir Charles’s mentality rules. Or I mught as well just my family to Africa. Why not.

3. Sparklemahn - Apr 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Don’t worry! Ernie is raking in the jing for his trouble!

4. Sparklemahn - Apr 2, 2010 at 8:00 PM

In Africa, you might learn that white people’s attitudes are not superior to black people’s. Or maybe you wouldn’t.

5. Sparklemahn - Apr 2, 2010 at 8:03 PM

In Africa you might learn that white peoples’ way of thinking is not superior to black peoples’ way. Or maybe you wouldn’t?

6. B. Joseph - Apr 3, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Mr Barkley was a thug when he played and threw people thru glass plate windows…And he still is a thug.
    What kind of a family life does he havet today? I bet his wife or ex has a pretty tale to tell but probably is too scared to speak up.
    Thinks he can run for Governor of Alabama? Good Lord! Please, give the people of Alabama credit. I don’t think he can pick up 2 votes.
    I agree with recent article that Barkley had a lot more than something to do with leading Tiger Woods off the beaten path…And; How in the world did they ever get on the same social merry go round?

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches