Apr 2, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
What is it that old people tell you, age is just a state of mind? That’s probably true if we’re talking about vacationing in Fiji and just drinking rum out of a coconut on the beach. I can do that at any age. I would do that at any age.
“No. In fact I feel like our guys are playing as well now as they have played all year. I think they’re starting to get in even better shape and better focus mentally. That’s not a concern.”
Ainge is required to say this. He is paid to say a lot of positive things about the team he built, the team assembled for a short championship window that is clearly now closing. Because the Celtics are old, a little slower, a little banged up. Kevin Garnett is not the same fierce defender because his lateral movement is slowed. Ray Allen was cold for much of the year.
This is a team that likely couldn’t get past Atlanta in a seven game series. But it’s not because they are old. Don’t think that.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38