Apr 2, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
What is it that old people tell you, age is just a state of mind? That’s probably true if we’re talking about vacationing in Fiji and just drinking rum out of a coconut on the beach. I can do that at any age. I would do that at any age.
“No. In fact I feel like our guys are playing as well now as they have played all year. I think they’re starting to get in even better shape and better focus mentally. That’s not a concern.”
Ainge is required to say this. He is paid to say a lot of positive things about the team he built, the team assembled for a short championship window that is clearly now closing. Because the Celtics are old, a little slower, a little banged up. Kevin Garnett is not the same fierce defender because his lateral movement is slowed. Ray Allen was cold for much of the year.
This is a team that likely couldn’t get past Atlanta in a seven game series. But it’s not because they are old. Don’t think that.
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 1
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 18
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 16
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 16
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48