Apr 2, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
What is it that old people tell you, age is just a state of mind? That’s probably true if we’re talking about vacationing in Fiji and just drinking rum out of a coconut on the beach. I can do that at any age. I would do that at any age.
“No. In fact I feel like our guys are playing as well now as they have played all year. I think they’re starting to get in even better shape and better focus mentally. That’s not a concern.”
Ainge is required to say this. He is paid to say a lot of positive things about the team he built, the team assembled for a short championship window that is clearly now closing. Because the Celtics are old, a little slower, a little banged up. Kevin Garnett is not the same fierce defender because his lateral movement is slowed. Ray Allen was cold for much of the year.
This is a team that likely couldn’t get past Atlanta in a seven game series. But it’s not because they are old. Don’t think that.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 39
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17