Apr 2, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
What is it that old people tell you, age is just a state of mind? That’s probably true if we’re talking about vacationing in Fiji and just drinking rum out of a coconut on the beach. I can do that at any age. I would do that at any age.
“No. In fact I feel like our guys are playing as well now as they have played all year. I think they’re starting to get in even better shape and better focus mentally. That’s not a concern.”
Ainge is required to say this. He is paid to say a lot of positive things about the team he built, the team assembled for a short championship window that is clearly now closing. Because the Celtics are old, a little slower, a little banged up. Kevin Garnett is not the same fierce defender because his lateral movement is slowed. Ray Allen was cold for much of the year.
This is a team that likely couldn’t get past Atlanta in a seven game series. But it’s not because they are old. Don’t think that.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 2
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 4
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31