Apr 2, 2010, 3:35 PM EST
What is it that old people tell you, age is just a state of mind? That’s probably true if we’re talking about vacationing in Fiji and just drinking rum out of a coconut on the beach. I can do that at any age. I would do that at any age.
“No. In fact I feel like our guys are playing as well now as they have played all year. I think they’re starting to get in even better shape and better focus mentally. That’s not a concern.”
Ainge is required to say this. He is paid to say a lot of positive things about the team he built, the team assembled for a short championship window that is clearly now closing. Because the Celtics are old, a little slower, a little banged up. Kevin Garnett is not the same fierce defender because his lateral movement is slowed. Ray Allen was cold for much of the year.
This is a team that likely couldn’t get past Atlanta in a seven game series. But it’s not because they are old. Don’t think that.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 21
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 11
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 3
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)