Apr 2, 2010, 2:40 AM EDT
What you missed when you overslept because you do not own a Dharma Initiative alarm clock….
Magic 97, Mavericks 82: You’d like to think a matchup of the number two seeds in both conferences just a couple weeks before the playoffs would be the kind of game where you learn something about teams. But not in this case.
Orlando looked rested, the came in after three days off. Dallas looked tired, on the second night of a back-to-back where the game went to overtime. Dallas is (at least lately) a good defensive team that closes out well on three point shooters, and in the previous 10 games opponents had shot 34 percent from beyond the arc. Orlando shot 58 percent (14 of 24). Just that kind of game.
Big game off the bench from Mickael Pietrus, that nobody saw coming. He was 6 of 6 from three and finished with a team high 24. That in his first game back after spraining his ankle. So he was the most rested of all.
Nuggets 109, Trail Blazers 102: Second verse same as the first… another game where one team was rested while the other had to play last night then, in this case, travel to a mile-high city for a game at altitude. This was a schedule maker’s loss for Portland
This one stayed close for a half — Portland was down just one and shot 45 percent (to Denver’s 49 percent) in the first half. Then the tired legs caught up with them — settling for jump shots led to just 36 percent shooting for Portland in the second half Denver also was getting out in transition for lots of easy transition buckets off Portland turnovers. Denver pulled away, up by 10 after three and Portland only posted 16 points in the fourth.
Like the first game, don’t read much into this one for games down the line – there are no back-to-backs in the payoffs. But the loss dropped the Trail Blazers to the eight seed in the West. Although it’s really a matter of pick-your-poison. Would your rather face the Lakers or Dallas or Utah? There is no good option.
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 2
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 30
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 24
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 50
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (80)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay