Apr 1, 2010, 6:03 PM EDT
Not that there was a lot of season or reason left for Sacramento this year, but what is remaining Spencer Hawes will not be playing in.
From the Kings official announcement:
“An MRI performed today on the left knee of Sacramento Kings center Spencer Hawes revealed a deep bone contusion and an irregular signal in the joint line. Hawes is going to seek a second opinion from Dr. Lawrence Holland in Seattle tomorrow morning. Holland previously performed surgery on Hawes’ left knee prior to his rookie season.”
I know that means a bone bruise that a second doctor is going to look at, but if this is something more serious than just missing six games this season and resting this summer I don’t know.
Jason Thompson will pick up a lot of minutes — and probably points — with Hawes down.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25