Apr 1, 2010, 6:03 PM EDT
Not that there was a lot of season or reason left for Sacramento this year, but what is remaining Spencer Hawes will not be playing in.
From the Kings official announcement:
“An MRI performed today on the left knee of Sacramento Kings center Spencer Hawes revealed a deep bone contusion and an irregular signal in the joint line. Hawes is going to seek a second opinion from Dr. Lawrence Holland in Seattle tomorrow morning. Holland previously performed surgery on Hawes’ left knee prior to his rookie season.”
I know that means a bone bruise that a second doctor is going to look at, but if this is something more serious than just missing six games this season and resting this summer I don’t know.
Jason Thompson will pick up a lot of minutes — and probably points — with Hawes down.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 0
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 18
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48