Apr 1, 2010, 6:03 PM EDT
Not that there was a lot of season or reason left for Sacramento this year, but what is remaining Spencer Hawes will not be playing in.
From the Kings official announcement:
“An MRI performed today on the left knee of Sacramento Kings center Spencer Hawes revealed a deep bone contusion and an irregular signal in the joint line. Hawes is going to seek a second opinion from Dr. Lawrence Holland in Seattle tomorrow morning. Holland previously performed surgery on Hawes’ left knee prior to his rookie season.”
I know that means a bone bruise that a second doctor is going to look at, but if this is something more serious than just missing six games this season and resting this summer I don’t know.
Jason Thompson will pick up a lot of minutes — and probably points — with Hawes down.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49