Apr 1, 2010, 6:03 PM EDT
Not that there was a lot of season or reason left for Sacramento this year, but what is remaining Spencer Hawes will not be playing in.
From the Kings official announcement:
“An MRI performed today on the left knee of Sacramento Kings center Spencer Hawes revealed a deep bone contusion and an irregular signal in the joint line. Hawes is going to seek a second opinion from Dr. Lawrence Holland in Seattle tomorrow morning. Holland previously performed surgery on Hawes’ left knee prior to his rookie season.”
I know that means a bone bruise that a second doctor is going to look at, but if this is something more serious than just missing six games this season and resting this summer I don’t know.
Jason Thompson will pick up a lot of minutes — and probably points — with Hawes down.
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 1
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17