Apr 1, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
This is the kind of injury that anyone who has slept wrong one night can appreciate (just imagine the pain multiplied).
Marc Gasol will miss the rest of the season due to a torn neck muscle, Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins said Wednesday evening. Gasol injured it in a collision with Brendan Haywood in the Grizzlies overtime loss to Dallas. He missed the second half of that game because of the pain.
Gasol had been a solid center for the Grizzlies all season, averaging 14.6 points on 58 percent shooting and 9.3 rebounds per game. But with the Grizzlies out of the playoff picture there was no reason to push the Spaniard this season to keep playing.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17