Apr 1, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
This is the kind of injury that anyone who has slept wrong one night can appreciate (just imagine the pain multiplied).
Marc Gasol will miss the rest of the season due to a torn neck muscle, Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins said Wednesday evening. Gasol injured it in a collision with Brendan Haywood in the Grizzlies overtime loss to Dallas. He missed the second half of that game because of the pain.
Gasol had been a solid center for the Grizzlies all season, averaging 14.6 points on 58 percent shooting and 9.3 rebounds per game. But with the Grizzlies out of the playoff picture there was no reason to push the Spaniard this season to keep playing.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 46
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 15
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23