Apr 1, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
This is the kind of injury that anyone who has slept wrong one night can appreciate (just imagine the pain multiplied).
Marc Gasol will miss the rest of the season due to a torn neck muscle, Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins said Wednesday evening. Gasol injured it in a collision with Brendan Haywood in the Grizzlies overtime loss to Dallas. He missed the second half of that game because of the pain.
Gasol had been a solid center for the Grizzlies all season, averaging 14.6 points on 58 percent shooting and 9.3 rebounds per game. But with the Grizzlies out of the playoff picture there was no reason to push the Spaniard this season to keep playing.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6