Apr 1, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
This is the kind of injury that anyone who has slept wrong one night can appreciate (just imagine the pain multiplied).
Marc Gasol will miss the rest of the season due to a torn neck muscle, Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins said Wednesday evening. Gasol injured it in a collision with Brendan Haywood in the Grizzlies overtime loss to Dallas. He missed the second half of that game because of the pain.
Gasol had been a solid center for the Grizzlies all season, averaging 14.6 points on 58 percent shooting and 9.3 rebounds per game. But with the Grizzlies out of the playoff picture there was no reason to push the Spaniard this season to keep playing.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 16
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7