Apr 1, 2010, 11:58 AM EDT
Tied game, less than 30 seconds left, playoff atmosphere in Cleveland with Milwaukee in town. The Cavs take a time out for the coach to draw up a play.
That would be LeBron James, of course. From the Beacon Journal:
”When he brought it up, I kind of chuckled because I was like: ‘Really? Are you kidding me?’ And lo and behold, they went out there and executed the play to a T,” the coach (Mike James) said. ”I don’t know if we’ve ever run the play before in that situation.”
James said it’s a play that the team doesn’t use a lot intentionally.
”We lull teams to sleep and we keep it in our back pocket and I knew it was a set they wouldn’t be ready for, because we hadn’t run it all day,” he said.
Here’s another way to interpret that last quote from LeBron:
“We are insanely predictable in our sets, we just do the same thing over and over late in games. I knew if we tried this one other set we barely run, nobody would see it coming.”
So, LeBron gets that diversity in the offense is a good thing. Well, at least somebody in Cleveland does.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona