Apr 1, 2010, 11:58 AM EST
Tied game, less than 30 seconds left, playoff atmosphere in Cleveland with Milwaukee in town. The Cavs take a time out for the coach to draw up a play.
That would be LeBron James, of course. From the Beacon Journal:
”When he brought it up, I kind of chuckled because I was like: ‘Really? Are you kidding me?’ And lo and behold, they went out there and executed the play to a T,” the coach (Mike James) said. ”I don’t know if we’ve ever run the play before in that situation.”
James said it’s a play that the team doesn’t use a lot intentionally.
”We lull teams to sleep and we keep it in our back pocket and I knew it was a set they wouldn’t be ready for, because we hadn’t run it all day,” he said.
Here’s another way to interpret that last quote from LeBron:
“We are insanely predictable in our sets, we just do the same thing over and over late in games. I knew if we tried this one other set we barely run, nobody would see it coming.”
So, LeBron gets that diversity in the offense is a good thing. Well, at least somebody in Cleveland does.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)