Apr 1, 2010, 11:58 AM EDT
Tied game, less than 30 seconds left, playoff atmosphere in Cleveland with Milwaukee in town. The Cavs take a time out for the coach to draw up a play.
That would be LeBron James, of course. From the Beacon Journal:
”When he brought it up, I kind of chuckled because I was like: ‘Really? Are you kidding me?’ And lo and behold, they went out there and executed the play to a T,” the coach (Mike James) said. ”I don’t know if we’ve ever run the play before in that situation.”
James said it’s a play that the team doesn’t use a lot intentionally.
”We lull teams to sleep and we keep it in our back pocket and I knew it was a set they wouldn’t be ready for, because we hadn’t run it all day,” he said.
Here’s another way to interpret that last quote from LeBron:
“We are insanely predictable in our sets, we just do the same thing over and over late in games. I knew if we tried this one other set we barely run, nobody would see it coming.”
So, LeBron gets that diversity in the offense is a good thing. Well, at least somebody in Cleveland does.
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 5
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 16
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43