Apr 1, 2010, 11:58 AM EDT
Tied game, less than 30 seconds left, playoff atmosphere in Cleveland with Milwaukee in town. The Cavs take a time out for the coach to draw up a play.
That would be LeBron James, of course. From the Beacon Journal:
”When he brought it up, I kind of chuckled because I was like: ‘Really? Are you kidding me?’ And lo and behold, they went out there and executed the play to a T,” the coach (Mike James) said. ”I don’t know if we’ve ever run the play before in that situation.”
James said it’s a play that the team doesn’t use a lot intentionally.
”We lull teams to sleep and we keep it in our back pocket and I knew it was a set they wouldn’t be ready for, because we hadn’t run it all day,” he said.
Here’s another way to interpret that last quote from LeBron:
“We are insanely predictable in our sets, we just do the same thing over and over late in games. I knew if we tried this one other set we barely run, nobody would see it coming.”
So, LeBron gets that diversity in the offense is a good thing. Well, at least somebody in Cleveland does.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38