Mar 31, 2010, 2:08 PM EDT
John Wall? Gone. Evan Turner? Gone. Derrick Favors? Gone. Cole Aldrich? Gone. Monroe, Johnson and Udoh? Gone, gone and gone.
For NBA fans who want to see the league’s future stars, the Final Four is slim pickings. The top college stars went the way of your bracket.
But there are still a couple things to watch, according to Joe Treutlein, Assistant Director of Scouting for DraftExpress.com.
In the first round, it will be interesting to see Duke’s Kyle Singler go up against the athletic, quick and aggressive West Virginia defense, Treutlein said. In an ideal world (for him at least) Singler would be a stretch four at the NBA level — and those are trendy, everybody wants a big that can shoot threes and unbalance a defense. However, he had not been an impressive, explosive athlete at the college level. How he deals with a more intense defense will be interesting.
The same goes for Gordon Hayward if the Final is Butler against West Virginia (a matchup that has CBS executives weeping in advance because of the ratings). Treutlein helped us break down Hayward before, a deceptively good athlete who can score at the rim or from three, a real shooter, who would be challenged by the West Virginia defense.
After those two….
“Everyone knows what Da’Sean Butler is. Everyone knows what Jon Scheyer is,” Treutlein said.
Well, um, we can always still listen just to hear Gus Johnson’s call… wait, what do you mean he isn’t doing it? Are you kidding? Forget it. I give up.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 9
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 19
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23