Mar 31, 2010, 8:42 AM EST
Hedo Turkoglu has been demoted. Not as far as Raptor fans want him demoted, which would be Cheremkhovo, the Russian team from Siberia. But he has been demoted.
Turkoglu is now coming off the bench in Toronto. And he told the Toronto Sun he accepts that.
“No, I was upset that I couldn’t help but I can’t be angry,” Turkoglu said before he came off the bench to score 11 points in Toronto’s much-needed win in Charlotte on Monday night.
“I respect all the decisions, and from now on I’m going to. You’re upset that you see the situation and you can’t help. You can’t be mad about it. All you can do is be positive. From now on, I’ll try to be positive.”
The Raptors needs some positive — making the playoffs would be a big step forward for the franchise, even if it means a date with Cleveland in round one. Right now, the Raptors are two games up in the loss column over the Chicago Bulls. Pick up some wins over the next couple of weeks and they can stay there.
One key to getting wins — good bench play. So despite what he may initially have said, Turkoglu can still help the Raptors. Demotion or not.
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 1
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 1
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)