Mar 31, 2010, 8:42 AM EST
Hedo Turkoglu has been demoted. Not as far as Raptor fans want him demoted, which would be Cheremkhovo, the Russian team from Siberia. But he has been demoted.
Turkoglu is now coming off the bench in Toronto. And he told the Toronto Sun he accepts that.
“No, I was upset that I couldn’t help but I can’t be angry,” Turkoglu said before he came off the bench to score 11 points in Toronto’s much-needed win in Charlotte on Monday night.
“I respect all the decisions, and from now on I’m going to. You’re upset that you see the situation and you can’t help. You can’t be mad about it. All you can do is be positive. From now on, I’ll try to be positive.”
The Raptors needs some positive — making the playoffs would be a big step forward for the franchise, even if it means a date with Cleveland in round one. Right now, the Raptors are two games up in the loss column over the Chicago Bulls. Pick up some wins over the next couple of weeks and they can stay there.
One key to getting wins — good bench play. So despite what he may initially have said, Turkoglu can still help the Raptors. Demotion or not.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16