Mar 31, 2010, 8:42 AM EDT
Hedo Turkoglu has been demoted. Not as far as Raptor fans want him demoted, which would be Cheremkhovo, the Russian team from Siberia. But he has been demoted.
Turkoglu is now coming off the bench in Toronto. And he told the Toronto Sun he accepts that.
“No, I was upset that I couldn’t help but I can’t be angry,” Turkoglu said before he came off the bench to score 11 points in Toronto’s much-needed win in Charlotte on Monday night.
“I respect all the decisions, and from now on I’m going to. You’re upset that you see the situation and you can’t help. You can’t be mad about it. All you can do is be positive. From now on, I’ll try to be positive.”
The Raptors needs some positive — making the playoffs would be a big step forward for the franchise, even if it means a date with Cleveland in round one. Right now, the Raptors are two games up in the loss column over the Chicago Bulls. Pick up some wins over the next couple of weeks and they can stay there.
One key to getting wins — good bench play. So despite what he may initially have said, Turkoglu can still help the Raptors. Demotion or not.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31