Mar 31, 2010, 8:42 AM EDT
Hedo Turkoglu has been demoted. Not as far as Raptor fans want him demoted, which would be Cheremkhovo, the Russian team from Siberia. But he has been demoted.
Turkoglu is now coming off the bench in Toronto. And he told the Toronto Sun he accepts that.
“No, I was upset that I couldn’t help but I can’t be angry,” Turkoglu said before he came off the bench to score 11 points in Toronto’s much-needed win in Charlotte on Monday night.
“I respect all the decisions, and from now on I’m going to. You’re upset that you see the situation and you can’t help. You can’t be mad about it. All you can do is be positive. From now on, I’ll try to be positive.”
The Raptors needs some positive — making the playoffs would be a big step forward for the franchise, even if it means a date with Cleveland in round one. Right now, the Raptors are two games up in the loss column over the Chicago Bulls. Pick up some wins over the next couple of weeks and they can stay there.
One key to getting wins — good bench play. So despite what he may initially have said, Turkoglu can still help the Raptors. Demotion or not.
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 5
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 11
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 10
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5