Mar 31, 2010, 9:04 AM EDT
When you look at the worst contracts in the NBA, it is amazing just how many current and former Knicks players are on that list. Well, maybe not so much amazing as just sad.
Dime Magazine put together a list of the top 10 NBA players just stealing money this year — guys getting paid to just sit on the bench. Not guys who are legitimately injured (Yao Ming isn’t stealing money, for example) but guys just getting paid to sit. The list:
Mark Blount $7.9M (Timberwolves)
Marko Jaric $7.1M (Grizzlies)
Eddy Curry $10.5M (Knicks).
Jerome James $6.6M (Bulls)
Darius Miles, $9M (Trail Blazers)
Larry Hughes $13.6M (Bobcats, Kings, Knicks)
Kenny Thomas $8.5M (Kings)
Brian Cardinal $6.7M (Timberwovlves, Knicks)
Bobby Simmons $10.5M (Nets)
Shawne Williams $2.4M (Nets)
Look at the teams that keep coming up on that list, then compare to the NBA standings. Not a coincidence.
- Reports: Bulls close to firing Tom Thibodeau 0
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 0
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 38
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23