Mar 31, 2010, 9:04 AM EST
When you look at the worst contracts in the NBA, it is amazing just how many current and former Knicks players are on that list. Well, maybe not so much amazing as just sad.
Dime Magazine put together a list of the top 10 NBA players just stealing money this year — guys getting paid to just sit on the bench. Not guys who are legitimately injured (Yao Ming isn’t stealing money, for example) but guys just getting paid to sit. The list:
Mark Blount $7.9M (Timberwolves)
Marko Jaric $7.1M (Grizzlies)
Eddy Curry $10.5M (Knicks).
Jerome James $6.6M (Bulls)
Darius Miles, $9M (Trail Blazers)
Larry Hughes $13.6M (Bobcats, Kings, Knicks)
Kenny Thomas $8.5M (Kings)
Brian Cardinal $6.7M (Timberwovlves, Knicks)
Bobby Simmons $10.5M (Nets)
Shawne Williams $2.4M (Nets)
Look at the teams that keep coming up on that list, then compare to the NBA standings. Not a coincidence.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 6
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 8
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31