Mar 31, 2010, 9:04 AM EDT
When you look at the worst contracts in the NBA, it is amazing just how many current and former Knicks players are on that list. Well, maybe not so much amazing as just sad.
Dime Magazine put together a list of the top 10 NBA players just stealing money this year — guys getting paid to just sit on the bench. Not guys who are legitimately injured (Yao Ming isn’t stealing money, for example) but guys just getting paid to sit. The list:
Mark Blount $7.9M (Timberwolves)
Marko Jaric $7.1M (Grizzlies)
Eddy Curry $10.5M (Knicks).
Jerome James $6.6M (Bulls)
Darius Miles, $9M (Trail Blazers)
Larry Hughes $13.6M (Bobcats, Kings, Knicks)
Kenny Thomas $8.5M (Kings)
Brian Cardinal $6.7M (Timberwovlves, Knicks)
Bobby Simmons $10.5M (Nets)
Shawne Williams $2.4M (Nets)
Look at the teams that keep coming up on that list, then compare to the NBA standings. Not a coincidence.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 0
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 35
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 79
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 19
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48