Mar 31, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
-Putting up 20/10 lines for an imploding Clipper team always was Drew Gooden’s destiny.
Gooden doesn’t see it that way. Not surprisingly. He sees bigger things… like being a Milwaukee Buck, he told the Journal Times.
Tuesday night, before the Clippers played the Bucks at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Gooden spoke about his future and made it abundantly clear he wouldn’t mind the Bucks being a part of it.
“No question at all,” Gooden said. “I’d definitely have interest in coming here. They’re an up-and-coming team. They’re a team that has shown great improvement over the last year.”
The Bucks have had their eye on Gooden because he’s an affordable, reliable back-up big. And the Bucks need to shore up that front line. But this summer Gooden chose to sign with Dallas, then in trade deadline swaps got sent to basketball purgatory in Los Angeles. Now he is doing his penance and waiting to be freed this summer.
And maybe land in the basketball nirvana that is… Milwaukee? Who would have thunk it? But it’s a good place to be right now.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16