Mar 31, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
-Putting up 20/10 lines for an imploding Clipper team always was Drew Gooden’s destiny.
Gooden doesn’t see it that way. Not surprisingly. He sees bigger things… like being a Milwaukee Buck, he told the Journal Times.
Tuesday night, before the Clippers played the Bucks at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Gooden spoke about his future and made it abundantly clear he wouldn’t mind the Bucks being a part of it.
“No question at all,” Gooden said. “I’d definitely have interest in coming here. They’re an up-and-coming team. They’re a team that has shown great improvement over the last year.”
The Bucks have had their eye on Gooden because he’s an affordable, reliable back-up big. And the Bucks need to shore up that front line. But this summer Gooden chose to sign with Dallas, then in trade deadline swaps got sent to basketball purgatory in Los Angeles. Now he is doing his penance and waiting to be freed this summer.
And maybe land in the basketball nirvana that is… Milwaukee? Who would have thunk it? But it’s a good place to be right now.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?