Mar 31, 2010, 2:24 PM EST
Every NBA draftee is trained to spew the “I’m just happy to get a chance to play in the NBA” cliché, but we all know young men have things they want. Good team, warm weather, killer nightlife might be the top three draft wishes.
“It’d be exciting. Just being around the family and friends that I have back home and kinda being around the few guys that I know on the team. A Minnesota team that has struggled over the past few years and their fans need the best for them. Whatever that is. Whether it’s me or whoever it is, I just ask for that person to try their hardest and give that program what the fans need.”
Aldrich is not going to Minny — they are already loaded with bigs (Al Jefferson, Kevin Love) and need to get more athletic on the wings, not bigger and slower inside. Plus, Minnesota can’t draft any lower than five under the NBA rules, and that is too early to take Aldrich (expected to go in the six to 12 range).
But Minnesota, know you are wanted. That is something.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0