Mar 31, 2010, 2:24 PM EST
Every NBA draftee is trained to spew the “I’m just happy to get a chance to play in the NBA” cliché, but we all know young men have things they want. Good team, warm weather, killer nightlife might be the top three draft wishes.
“It’d be exciting. Just being around the family and friends that I have back home and kinda being around the few guys that I know on the team. A Minnesota team that has struggled over the past few years and their fans need the best for them. Whatever that is. Whether it’s me or whoever it is, I just ask for that person to try their hardest and give that program what the fans need.”
Aldrich is not going to Minny — they are already loaded with bigs (Al Jefferson, Kevin Love) and need to get more athletic on the wings, not bigger and slower inside. Plus, Minnesota can’t draft any lower than five under the NBA rules, and that is too early to take Aldrich (expected to go in the six to 12 range).
But Minnesota, know you are wanted. That is something.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18