Mar 31, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
Every NBA draftee is trained to spew the “I’m just happy to get a chance to play in the NBA” cliché, but we all know young men have things they want. Good team, warm weather, killer nightlife might be the top three draft wishes.
“It’d be exciting. Just being around the family and friends that I have back home and kinda being around the few guys that I know on the team. A Minnesota team that has struggled over the past few years and their fans need the best for them. Whatever that is. Whether it’s me or whoever it is, I just ask for that person to try their hardest and give that program what the fans need.”
Aldrich is not going to Minny — they are already loaded with bigs (Al Jefferson, Kevin Love) and need to get more athletic on the wings, not bigger and slower inside. Plus, Minnesota can’t draft any lower than five under the NBA rules, and that is too early to take Aldrich (expected to go in the six to 12 range).
But Minnesota, know you are wanted. That is something.
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 16
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 30
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 26
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 12
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 13