Mar 31, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
Every NBA draftee is trained to spew the “I’m just happy to get a chance to play in the NBA” cliché, but we all know young men have things they want. Good team, warm weather, killer nightlife might be the top three draft wishes.
“It’d be exciting. Just being around the family and friends that I have back home and kinda being around the few guys that I know on the team. A Minnesota team that has struggled over the past few years and their fans need the best for them. Whatever that is. Whether it’s me or whoever it is, I just ask for that person to try their hardest and give that program what the fans need.”
Aldrich is not going to Minny — they are already loaded with bigs (Al Jefferson, Kevin Love) and need to get more athletic on the wings, not bigger and slower inside. Plus, Minnesota can’t draft any lower than five under the NBA rules, and that is too early to take Aldrich (expected to go in the six to 12 range).
But Minnesota, know you are wanted. That is something.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9