Mar 31, 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
Sunday night, everybody with ties to the NBA tuned into 60 Minutes to see the first big interview with Russian billionaire and soon to be Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov. Then they tuned out before Andy Rooney and his crazy eyebrows came on.
Well, not everyone tied to the NBA. The best player in Prokhorov’s stable — center Brook Lopez — decided to go with Homer Simpson. Well, it was “The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed,” the episode where Sacha Baron Cohen voices a tour guide leading the Simpsons through the Holy Land. Can’t let a future employer get in the way of that, he told WFAN.
“I’m a loyal fan. I love those middle seasons and I am still going to watch it. I don’t catch it too much on Sundays. It was just a coincidence. I was sitting in my living room and I looked at my clock and it was 7:15 and I decided I was going to watch the Simpsons tonight.”
I don’t see a problem with this; Homer is certainly more popular than Prokhorov in New Jersey.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 22
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 21
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2