Mar 31, 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
Sunday night, everybody with ties to the NBA tuned into 60 Minutes to see the first big interview with Russian billionaire and soon to be Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov. Then they tuned out before Andy Rooney and his crazy eyebrows came on.
Well, not everyone tied to the NBA. The best player in Prokhorov’s stable — center Brook Lopez — decided to go with Homer Simpson. Well, it was “The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed,” the episode where Sacha Baron Cohen voices a tour guide leading the Simpsons through the Holy Land. Can’t let a future employer get in the way of that, he told WFAN.
“I’m a loyal fan. I love those middle seasons and I am still going to watch it. I don’t catch it too much on Sundays. It was just a coincidence. I was sitting in my living room and I looked at my clock and it was 7:15 and I decided I was going to watch the Simpsons tonight.”
I don’t see a problem with this; Homer is certainly more popular than Prokhorov in New Jersey.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 0
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 13
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 0
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 35
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 28
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22