Mar 31, 2010, 3:07 PM EST
Sunday night, everybody with ties to the NBA tuned into 60 Minutes to see the first big interview with Russian billionaire and soon to be Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov. Then they tuned out before Andy Rooney and his crazy eyebrows came on.
Well, not everyone tied to the NBA. The best player in Prokhorov’s stable — center Brook Lopez — decided to go with Homer Simpson. Well, it was “The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed,” the episode where Sacha Baron Cohen voices a tour guide leading the Simpsons through the Holy Land. Can’t let a future employer get in the way of that, he told WFAN.
“I’m a loyal fan. I love those middle seasons and I am still going to watch it. I don’t catch it too much on Sundays. It was just a coincidence. I was sitting in my living room and I looked at my clock and it was 7:15 and I decided I was going to watch the Simpsons tonight.”
I don’t see a problem with this; Homer is certainly more popular than Prokhorov in New Jersey.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)