Mar 31, 2010, 3:07 PM EST
Sunday night, everybody with ties to the NBA tuned into 60 Minutes to see the first big interview with Russian billionaire and soon to be Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov. Then they tuned out before Andy Rooney and his crazy eyebrows came on.
Well, not everyone tied to the NBA. The best player in Prokhorov’s stable — center Brook Lopez — decided to go with Homer Simpson. Well, it was “The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed,” the episode where Sacha Baron Cohen voices a tour guide leading the Simpsons through the Holy Land. Can’t let a future employer get in the way of that, he told WFAN.
“I’m a loyal fan. I love those middle seasons and I am still going to watch it. I don’t catch it too much on Sundays. It was just a coincidence. I was sitting in my living room and I looked at my clock and it was 7:15 and I decided I was going to watch the Simpsons tonight.”
I don’t see a problem with this; Homer is certainly more popular than Prokhorov in New Jersey.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 10
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29