Mar 31, 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
Sunday night, everybody with ties to the NBA tuned into 60 Minutes to see the first big interview with Russian billionaire and soon to be Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov. Then they tuned out before Andy Rooney and his crazy eyebrows came on.
Well, not everyone tied to the NBA. The best player in Prokhorov’s stable — center Brook Lopez — decided to go with Homer Simpson. Well, it was “The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed,” the episode where Sacha Baron Cohen voices a tour guide leading the Simpsons through the Holy Land. Can’t let a future employer get in the way of that, he told WFAN.
“I’m a loyal fan. I love those middle seasons and I am still going to watch it. I don’t catch it too much on Sundays. It was just a coincidence. I was sitting in my living room and I looked at my clock and it was 7:15 and I decided I was going to watch the Simpsons tonight.”
I don’t see a problem with this; Homer is certainly more popular than Prokhorov in New Jersey.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13