Mar 30, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
According to Frank Dell’Apa of the Boston Globe, Celtics forward Paul Pierce may miss Wednesday’s game against the Oklahoma City Thunder due to a shoulder injury he suffered on Tuesday. Doc Rivers said the following regarding the injury when he spoke to reporters after practice:
“He got hurt again, it’s a stinger,” coach Doc Rivers said. “Same exact reaction, looked worse. Eddie (Lacerte) says it’s a stinger and if it’s a stinger he’ll be fine. You get concerned two days, a game and a practice, and the exact same thing happens. He just got picked and he went down so we’ll find out.
“You can play a guy five minutes and that can happen. Nothing you can do about that. Good news it’s not a shoulder separation, or anything and probably the worst case is he misses a game or two. That’s not all bad — obviously you’d rather have him.”
Injuries gave Pierce significant trouble during the stretch immediately following the All-Star break, but he was able to bounce back and had been playing some of his best basketball of the season. The Celtics are certainly hoping that this injury is only a minor setback, and that Pierce will be able to pick up right where he left off when he does play.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 31
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23