Mar 30, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
According to Frank Dell’Apa of the Boston Globe, Celtics forward Paul Pierce may miss Wednesday’s game against the Oklahoma City Thunder due to a shoulder injury he suffered on Tuesday. Doc Rivers said the following regarding the injury when he spoke to reporters after practice:
“He got hurt again, it’s a stinger,” coach Doc Rivers said. “Same exact reaction, looked worse. Eddie (Lacerte) says it’s a stinger and if it’s a stinger he’ll be fine. You get concerned two days, a game and a practice, and the exact same thing happens. He just got picked and he went down so we’ll find out.
“You can play a guy five minutes and that can happen. Nothing you can do about that. Good news it’s not a shoulder separation, or anything and probably the worst case is he misses a game or two. That’s not all bad — obviously you’d rather have him.”
Injuries gave Pierce significant trouble during the stretch immediately following the All-Star break, but he was able to bounce back and had been playing some of his best basketball of the season. The Celtics are certainly hoping that this injury is only a minor setback, and that Pierce will be able to pick up right where he left off when he does play.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4