Mar 30, 2010, 5:16 PM EST
According to Frank Dell’Apa of the Boston Globe, Celtics forward Paul Pierce may miss Wednesday’s game against the Oklahoma City Thunder due to a shoulder injury he suffered on Tuesday. Doc Rivers said the following regarding the injury when he spoke to reporters after practice:
“He got hurt again, it’s a stinger,” coach Doc Rivers said. “Same exact reaction, looked worse. Eddie (Lacerte) says it’s a stinger and if it’s a stinger he’ll be fine. You get concerned two days, a game and a practice, and the exact same thing happens. He just got picked and he went down so we’ll find out.
“You can play a guy five minutes and that can happen. Nothing you can do about that. Good news it’s not a shoulder separation, or anything and probably the worst case is he misses a game or two. That’s not all bad — obviously you’d rather have him.”
Injuries gave Pierce significant trouble during the stretch immediately following the All-Star break, but he was able to bounce back and had been playing some of his best basketball of the season. The Celtics are certainly hoping that this injury is only a minor setback, and that Pierce will be able to pick up right where he left off when he does play.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16