Mar 30, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
According to Frank Dell’Apa of the Boston Globe, Celtics forward Paul Pierce may miss Wednesday’s game against the Oklahoma City Thunder due to a shoulder injury he suffered on Tuesday. Doc Rivers said the following regarding the injury when he spoke to reporters after practice:
“He got hurt again, it’s a stinger,” coach Doc Rivers said. “Same exact reaction, looked worse. Eddie (Lacerte) says it’s a stinger and if it’s a stinger he’ll be fine. You get concerned two days, a game and a practice, and the exact same thing happens. He just got picked and he went down so we’ll find out.
“You can play a guy five minutes and that can happen. Nothing you can do about that. Good news it’s not a shoulder separation, or anything and probably the worst case is he misses a game or two. That’s not all bad — obviously you’d rather have him.”
Injuries gave Pierce significant trouble during the stretch immediately following the All-Star break, but he was able to bounce back and had been playing some of his best basketball of the season. The Celtics are certainly hoping that this injury is only a minor setback, and that Pierce will be able to pick up right where he left off when he does play.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 34
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38