Mar 30, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
According to Frank Dell’Apa of the Boston Globe, Celtics forward Paul Pierce may miss Wednesday’s game against the Oklahoma City Thunder due to a shoulder injury he suffered on Tuesday. Doc Rivers said the following regarding the injury when he spoke to reporters after practice:
“He got hurt again, it’s a stinger,” coach Doc Rivers said. “Same exact reaction, looked worse. Eddie (Lacerte) says it’s a stinger and if it’s a stinger he’ll be fine. You get concerned two days, a game and a practice, and the exact same thing happens. He just got picked and he went down so we’ll find out.
“You can play a guy five minutes and that can happen. Nothing you can do about that. Good news it’s not a shoulder separation, or anything and probably the worst case is he misses a game or two. That’s not all bad — obviously you’d rather have him.”
Injuries gave Pierce significant trouble during the stretch immediately following the All-Star break, but he was able to bounce back and had been playing some of his best basketball of the season. The Celtics are certainly hoping that this injury is only a minor setback, and that Pierce will be able to pick up right where he left off when he does play.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 9
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 48
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43