Mar 30, 2010, 8:55 AM EDT
In the flashes we have seen, it seems like Joey Dorsey can play at the NBA level. It’s hard to judge, though, when a guy gets so little burn. Even on a Sacramento team that could seem to use him.
Dorsey has been cut loose, waived by the Kings. The writing was on the wall when the other day Jason Thompson played a full 48 minutes for the Kings while Dorsey never got to take the sweats off. No reasons were given, although there are rumors he was considered too much of a clown and bad influence in the locker room.
Just to make the Kings frontcourt situation more fun, they learned that Dominic McGuire will miss the rest of the season with a torn plantar fascia in his right foot.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 9
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 29
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64