Mar 29, 2010, 9:20 AM EST
It’s hard to play basketball with a sprained big toe.
Well, maybe not if you’re Ben Wallace, but if your game is based on running and jumping like Vince Carter’s is, then a sprained toe will have you sitting. And Vince Carter sprained his right big toe early in Sunday’s win against Denver.
The good news for the Magic is that we are talking just a sprain — X-rays showed nothing is broken. So now how long does Carter sit out? The Orlando Sentinel asked Stan Van Gundy that very question.
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said he doesn’t think Carter and Pietrus will be out for “a long period of time.”
“That’s something that, as a coach, you can’t spend that much time worrying about,” Van Gundy said later. “You’re going to play with who you’ve got.”
For all you fantasy players deep in your playoffs with Carter on the roster…. I don’t know what to tell you. SVG was very vague. The Raptors are off until Thursday, so maybe he plays then. Or maybe you just put JJ Redick in your lineup.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20