Mar 29, 2010, 9:20 AM EST
It’s hard to play basketball with a sprained big toe.
Well, maybe not if you’re Ben Wallace, but if your game is based on running and jumping like Vince Carter’s is, then a sprained toe will have you sitting. And Vince Carter sprained his right big toe early in Sunday’s win against Denver.
The good news for the Magic is that we are talking just a sprain — X-rays showed nothing is broken. So now how long does Carter sit out? The Orlando Sentinel asked Stan Van Gundy that very question.
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said he doesn’t think Carter and Pietrus will be out for “a long period of time.”
“That’s something that, as a coach, you can’t spend that much time worrying about,” Van Gundy said later. “You’re going to play with who you’ve got.”
For all you fantasy players deep in your playoffs with Carter on the roster…. I don’t know what to tell you. SVG was very vague. The Raptors are off until Thursday, so maybe he plays then. Or maybe you just put JJ Redick in your lineup.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 11
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 34
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 18
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (49)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)