Mar 29, 2010, 9:20 AM EST
It’s hard to play basketball with a sprained big toe.
Well, maybe not if you’re Ben Wallace, but if your game is based on running and jumping like Vince Carter’s is, then a sprained toe will have you sitting. And Vince Carter sprained his right big toe early in Sunday’s win against Denver.
The good news for the Magic is that we are talking just a sprain — X-rays showed nothing is broken. So now how long does Carter sit out? The Orlando Sentinel asked Stan Van Gundy that very question.
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said he doesn’t think Carter and Pietrus will be out for “a long period of time.”
“That’s something that, as a coach, you can’t spend that much time worrying about,” Van Gundy said later. “You’re going to play with who you’ve got.”
For all you fantasy players deep in your playoffs with Carter on the roster…. I don’t know what to tell you. SVG was very vague. The Raptors are off until Thursday, so maybe he plays then. Or maybe you just put JJ Redick in your lineup.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 14
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8