Mar 29, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT
According to Michael Lee of the Washington Post, Randy Foye will miss the next 7-10 days with a left wrist sprain and could very well be done for the season. I consider this evidence that the basketball gods, wherever they are, are merciful entities indeed. If only all of the Wizards’ mainstays were so lucky.
Foye’s importance on the team was already being usurped by the return of Shaun Livingston, who has been starting for Washington since March 15th. Since then, Foye has topped 25 minutes just once and scored in double-digits just twice. That’s a bit of a problem considering Foye had seen major minutes since early January and his biggest strength is his scoring.
Based on the expected roster turnover in Washington and Foye’s status as a restricted free agent, this could be the end of his short career as a Wizard. Methinks he probably got more than he bargained for, even coming from a franchise in Minnesota that is no stranger to turmoil.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 31
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 45
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 9
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11