Mar 29, 2010, 12:53 PM EST
According to Michael Lee of the Washington Post, Randy Foye will miss the next 7-10 days with a left wrist sprain and could very well be done for the season. I consider this evidence that the basketball gods, wherever they are, are merciful entities indeed. If only all of the Wizards’ mainstays were so lucky.
Foye’s importance on the team was already being usurped by the return of Shaun Livingston, who has been starting for Washington since March 15th. Since then, Foye has topped 25 minutes just once and scored in double-digits just twice. That’s a bit of a problem considering Foye had seen major minutes since early January and his biggest strength is his scoring.
Based on the expected roster turnover in Washington and Foye’s status as a restricted free agent, this could be the end of his short career as a Wizard. Methinks he probably got more than he bargained for, even coming from a franchise in Minnesota that is no stranger to turmoil.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10