Mar 29, 2010, 12:53 PM EST
According to Michael Lee of the Washington Post, Randy Foye will miss the next 7-10 days with a left wrist sprain and could very well be done for the season. I consider this evidence that the basketball gods, wherever they are, are merciful entities indeed. If only all of the Wizards’ mainstays were so lucky.
Foye’s importance on the team was already being usurped by the return of Shaun Livingston, who has been starting for Washington since March 15th. Since then, Foye has topped 25 minutes just once and scored in double-digits just twice. That’s a bit of a problem considering Foye had seen major minutes since early January and his biggest strength is his scoring.
Based on the expected roster turnover in Washington and Foye’s status as a restricted free agent, this could be the end of his short career as a Wizard. Methinks he probably got more than he bargained for, even coming from a franchise in Minnesota that is no stranger to turmoil.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30