Mar 29, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT
According to Michael Lee of the Washington Post, Randy Foye will miss the next 7-10 days with a left wrist sprain and could very well be done for the season. I consider this evidence that the basketball gods, wherever they are, are merciful entities indeed. If only all of the Wizards’ mainstays were so lucky.
Foye’s importance on the team was already being usurped by the return of Shaun Livingston, who has been starting for Washington since March 15th. Since then, Foye has topped 25 minutes just once and scored in double-digits just twice. That’s a bit of a problem considering Foye had seen major minutes since early January and his biggest strength is his scoring.
Based on the expected roster turnover in Washington and Foye’s status as a restricted free agent, this could be the end of his short career as a Wizard. Methinks he probably got more than he bargained for, even coming from a franchise in Minnesota that is no stranger to turmoil.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 6
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 35
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22