Mar 29, 2010, 12:53 PM EST
According to Michael Lee of the Washington Post, Randy Foye will miss the next 7-10 days with a left wrist sprain and could very well be done for the season. I consider this evidence that the basketball gods, wherever they are, are merciful entities indeed. If only all of the Wizards’ mainstays were so lucky.
Foye’s importance on the team was already being usurped by the return of Shaun Livingston, who has been starting for Washington since March 15th. Since then, Foye has topped 25 minutes just once and scored in double-digits just twice. That’s a bit of a problem considering Foye had seen major minutes since early January and his biggest strength is his scoring.
Based on the expected roster turnover in Washington and Foye’s status as a restricted free agent, this could be the end of his short career as a Wizard. Methinks he probably got more than he bargained for, even coming from a franchise in Minnesota that is no stranger to turmoil.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 0
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)