Mar 29, 2010, 4:25 PM EST
Insert your own joke about carrying the team on his back here.
Manu Ginobili will not suit up for tonight against the New Jersey Nets due to lower back spasms, according to the Spurs official twitter account. Of late Ginobili has been the best player for San Antonio, averaging 22 points a game on 51 percent shooing, and he has been hot from three. And he’s been blocking shots at the rim.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich often has veteran players get a little rest as the playoffs get close. This is the second game of back-to-back, and with all due respect to the Nets recent play, this should be a Spurs win. Even without Ginobili. So take the night off, enjoy some room service and just be ready to go when it matters in a few weeks.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54