Mar 29, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Insert your own joke about carrying the team on his back here.
Manu Ginobili will not suit up for tonight against the New Jersey Nets due to lower back spasms, according to the Spurs official twitter account. Of late Ginobili has been the best player for San Antonio, averaging 22 points a game on 51 percent shooing, and he has been hot from three. And he’s been blocking shots at the rim.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich often has veteran players get a little rest as the playoffs get close. This is the second game of back-to-back, and with all due respect to the Nets recent play, this should be a Spurs win. Even without Ginobili. So take the night off, enjoy some room service and just be ready to go when it matters in a few weeks.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 0
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68