Mar 29, 2010, 4:25 PM EST
Insert your own joke about carrying the team on his back here.
Manu Ginobili will not suit up for tonight against the New Jersey Nets due to lower back spasms, according to the Spurs official twitter account. Of late Ginobili has been the best player for San Antonio, averaging 22 points a game on 51 percent shooing, and he has been hot from three. And he’s been blocking shots at the rim.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich often has veteran players get a little rest as the playoffs get close. This is the second game of back-to-back, and with all due respect to the Nets recent play, this should be a Spurs win. Even without Ginobili. So take the night off, enjoy some room service and just be ready to go when it matters in a few weeks.
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 0
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 7
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 8
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 9
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)