Mar 29, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Insert your own joke about carrying the team on his back here.
Manu Ginobili will not suit up for tonight against the New Jersey Nets due to lower back spasms, according to the Spurs official twitter account. Of late Ginobili has been the best player for San Antonio, averaging 22 points a game on 51 percent shooing, and he has been hot from three. And he’s been blocking shots at the rim.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich often has veteran players get a little rest as the playoffs get close. This is the second game of back-to-back, and with all due respect to the Nets recent play, this should be a Spurs win. Even without Ginobili. So take the night off, enjoy some room service and just be ready to go when it matters in a few weeks.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 21
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 18
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1