Mar 29, 2010, 4:25 PM EST
Insert your own joke about carrying the team on his back here.
Manu Ginobili will not suit up for tonight against the New Jersey Nets due to lower back spasms, according to the Spurs official twitter account. Of late Ginobili has been the best player for San Antonio, averaging 22 points a game on 51 percent shooing, and he has been hot from three. And he’s been blocking shots at the rim.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich often has veteran players get a little rest as the playoffs get close. This is the second game of back-to-back, and with all due respect to the Nets recent play, this should be a Spurs win. Even without Ginobili. So take the night off, enjoy some room service and just be ready to go when it matters in a few weeks.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15