Mar 29, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers are the gluttons of the Eastern Conference. It wasn’t enough to have the best record in the East, they had to trade for Antawn Jamison. Then it wasn’t enough to trade for Antawn Jamison, they had to get a full return on their only investment in the deal, Zydrunas Ilgauskas. And now, it’s not enough for the Cavs to have their standard home and away uniforms as well as 76 different alternates and colorways, so they’ve announced they will introduce slightly altered home and away threads next season.
The new unis are rumored to be blue and orange…or maybe that’s just for LeBron. I forget these things sometimes.
This is getting pretty ridiculous, though. The Cavs already have six different game styles available from their official store, and two more that aren’t available. I’m not really sure what was really wrong with the wine and gold in the first place; the Cavs’ standard uniforms aren’t the most stylish in the league, but they’re certainly serviceable. Apparently the marketing team or head fashionista in Cleveland thinks differently, though, and has taken the next step in their personal mission to eradicate the usual look.
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 0
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 5
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 12
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 12
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 5