Mar 29, 2010, 11:45 AM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers are the gluttons of the Eastern Conference. It wasn’t enough to have the best record in the East, they had to trade for Antawn Jamison. Then it wasn’t enough to trade for Antawn Jamison, they had to get a full return on their only investment in the deal, Zydrunas Ilgauskas. And now, it’s not enough for the Cavs to have their standard home and away uniforms as well as 76 different alternates and colorways, so they’ve announced they will introduce slightly altered home and away threads next season.
The new unis are rumored to be blue and orange…or maybe that’s just for LeBron. I forget these things sometimes.
This is getting pretty ridiculous, though. The Cavs already have six different game styles available from their official store, and two more that aren’t available. I’m not really sure what was really wrong with the wine and gold in the first place; the Cavs’ standard uniforms aren’t the most stylish in the league, but they’re certainly serviceable. Apparently the marketing team or head fashionista in Cleveland thinks differently, though, and has taken the next step in their personal mission to eradicate the usual look.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3