Mar 29, 2010, 11:45 AM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers are the gluttons of the Eastern Conference. It wasn’t enough to have the best record in the East, they had to trade for Antawn Jamison. Then it wasn’t enough to trade for Antawn Jamison, they had to get a full return on their only investment in the deal, Zydrunas Ilgauskas. And now, it’s not enough for the Cavs to have their standard home and away uniforms as well as 76 different alternates and colorways, so they’ve announced they will introduce slightly altered home and away threads next season.
The new unis are rumored to be blue and orange…or maybe that’s just for LeBron. I forget these things sometimes.
This is getting pretty ridiculous, though. The Cavs already have six different game styles available from their official store, and two more that aren’t available. I’m not really sure what was really wrong with the wine and gold in the first place; the Cavs’ standard uniforms aren’t the most stylish in the league, but they’re certainly serviceable. Apparently the marketing team or head fashionista in Cleveland thinks differently, though, and has taken the next step in their personal mission to eradicate the usual look.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 0
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 5
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8