Mar 27, 2010, 9:14 PM EDT
What happened Saturday while you were setting fire to the urn containing the ashes of your bracket you already burned…
Jazz 103 Wizards 87: The Jazz were everywhere defensively in the second and third quarters. Stretch and swarm, repeat. Against a pretty bad offensive squad. The Wizards did make a nice run in the late second to close the half behind Nick Young, but then the Jazz came out with focus and put the foot on the neck.
Paul Millsap is not playing well at the moment.
Bulls 106 Nets 83: Thanks for getting my back, there, Nets. ‘Preciate that.
Back to back for the worst team in the league against a team trying to get itself back on track and make the playoffs, with Noah feeling spritely? That’s a recipe for disaster if there ever was one. No legs for the Nets at either end and once the Bulls got their legs under them, that was all she wrote.
Taj Gibson is either the best worst player or worst best player that starts in the NBA.
Blazers 112 Hornets 101: For all the talk about the Hornets’ effort this season, they still have their fair share of games like this. Of course, this game was an elimination from the playoffs game for them. So it would have been good timing to show up. They did not.
Brandon Roy was blistering, efficient, and dominant.
Darren Collison was 10-10 for 22 points and 5 assists. He’s totally fine with coming off the bench. But maybe he shouldn’t be.
Lakers 109 Rockets 101: The problem is you can lead the Lakers at the half, make significant strides, get huge runs on them, but once they figure you out, that’s game, baby.
They figured the Rox out in the second quarter and broke it open.
The Rockets’ defense has been disappointing as the season’s gone on, and a far cry from Adelman’s usual work. They couldn’t bother the Lakers for long stretches.
Mavericks 11 Warriors 90: This Beaubois kid’s got a future. 40 points for Roddy off the bench, letting Kidd get some rest. Not a brilliant game for the Mavericks, but it didn’t need to be. This team doesn’t have the same matchup problems their predecessors did with the Dubs.
Anthony Tolliver had 21 rebounds, which is pretty awesome.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 14
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 15
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80