Mar 27, 2010, 1:03 PM EST
The N.Y. Post has a tidbit this morning regarding Amar’e Stoudemire. Apparently when Stoudemire was in high school, debating making the leap to the NBA, he approached McGrady at a football game to ask some advice, and McGrady brushed him off.
Not a good move, bro.
Stoudemire told the post he doesn’t like McGrady as a player or as a person, which is a pretty tough statement. Amar’e did say that the rift wouldn’t be a deciding factor on if he chooses to play in New York this summer, should he opt out, which he’s changed his mind about, oh, seven hundred times in the last two months.
It’s not surprising that McGrady has this beef. He’s proven to be one of the more bizarre personalities in the league. He’s deeply committed to charity work and actually produced a documentary about his trip to Darfur. But he’s been questioned by teammates who have thrown him under the bus on a consistent basis, angered management, and been run out of three towns on a rail. The man’s an enigma. Wrapped in a puzzle.
And kind of a jerk, apparently.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 12
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 29
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10