Mar 27, 2010, 1:03 PM EST
The N.Y. Post has a tidbit this morning regarding Amar’e Stoudemire. Apparently when Stoudemire was in high school, debating making the leap to the NBA, he approached McGrady at a football game to ask some advice, and McGrady brushed him off.
Not a good move, bro.
Stoudemire told the post he doesn’t like McGrady as a player or as a person, which is a pretty tough statement. Amar’e did say that the rift wouldn’t be a deciding factor on if he chooses to play in New York this summer, should he opt out, which he’s changed his mind about, oh, seven hundred times in the last two months.
It’s not surprising that McGrady has this beef. He’s proven to be one of the more bizarre personalities in the league. He’s deeply committed to charity work and actually produced a documentary about his trip to Darfur. But he’s been questioned by teammates who have thrown him under the bus on a consistent basis, angered management, and been run out of three towns on a rail. The man’s an enigma. Wrapped in a puzzle.
And kind of a jerk, apparently.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 5
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 17
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31