Mar 26, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT
Science has shown we tend to elect taller people president in times of trouble.
Clearly, this nation is facing some challenges. So, Utah Republicans have pulled out the ultimate weapon — 7’6″ former Nets/Mavericks/Sixers player Shawn Bradley. He is running for the Utah House of Representatives, according to the Desert News.
“I had a lot of friends and people in the Legislature encourage me to run,” said Bradley, a surprise candidate who filed just before the deadline Friday afternoon.
“This is something that I have thought about for a long time. But I had to be in the state for three years to qualify. Because I have been out of the state playing basketball, I only recently qualified,” said Bradley, who now lives in Murray. “I’ve always been interested in politics, and I would like to make a difference in people’s lives.”
If I’m the opposition, I’m buying a bunch of television time and just running this. Over and over.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 14
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 15
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80