Mar 26, 2010, 7:28 PM EST
Science has shown we tend to elect taller people president in times of trouble.
Clearly, this nation is facing some challenges. So, Utah Republicans have pulled out the ultimate weapon — 7’6″ former Nets/Mavericks/Sixers player Shawn Bradley. He is running for the Utah House of Representatives, according to the Desert News.
“I had a lot of friends and people in the Legislature encourage me to run,” said Bradley, a surprise candidate who filed just before the deadline Friday afternoon.
“This is something that I have thought about for a long time. But I had to be in the state for three years to qualify. Because I have been out of the state playing basketball, I only recently qualified,” said Bradley, who now lives in Murray. “I’ve always been interested in politics, and I would like to make a difference in people’s lives.”
If I’m the opposition, I’m buying a bunch of television time and just running this. Over and over.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 3
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 3
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9