Mar 26, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT
Science has shown we tend to elect taller people president in times of trouble.
Clearly, this nation is facing some challenges. So, Utah Republicans have pulled out the ultimate weapon — 7’6″ former Nets/Mavericks/Sixers player Shawn Bradley. He is running for the Utah House of Representatives, according to the Desert News.
“I had a lot of friends and people in the Legislature encourage me to run,” said Bradley, a surprise candidate who filed just before the deadline Friday afternoon.
“This is something that I have thought about for a long time. But I had to be in the state for three years to qualify. Because I have been out of the state playing basketball, I only recently qualified,” said Bradley, who now lives in Murray. “I’ve always been interested in politics, and I would like to make a difference in people’s lives.”
If I’m the opposition, I’m buying a bunch of television time and just running this. Over and over.
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 9
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 21
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45