Mar 26, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT
Science has shown we tend to elect taller people president in times of trouble.
Clearly, this nation is facing some challenges. So, Utah Republicans have pulled out the ultimate weapon — 7’6″ former Nets/Mavericks/Sixers player Shawn Bradley. He is running for the Utah House of Representatives, according to the Desert News.
“I had a lot of friends and people in the Legislature encourage me to run,” said Bradley, a surprise candidate who filed just before the deadline Friday afternoon.
“This is something that I have thought about for a long time. But I had to be in the state for three years to qualify. Because I have been out of the state playing basketball, I only recently qualified,” said Bradley, who now lives in Murray. “I’ve always been interested in politics, and I would like to make a difference in people’s lives.”
If I’m the opposition, I’m buying a bunch of television time and just running this. Over and over.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15