Mar 26, 2010, 7:28 PM EDT
Science has shown we tend to elect taller people president in times of trouble.
Clearly, this nation is facing some challenges. So, Utah Republicans have pulled out the ultimate weapon — 7’6″ former Nets/Mavericks/Sixers player Shawn Bradley. He is running for the Utah House of Representatives, according to the Desert News.
“I had a lot of friends and people in the Legislature encourage me to run,” said Bradley, a surprise candidate who filed just before the deadline Friday afternoon.
“This is something that I have thought about for a long time. But I had to be in the state for three years to qualify. Because I have been out of the state playing basketball, I only recently qualified,” said Bradley, who now lives in Murray. “I’ve always been interested in politics, and I would like to make a difference in people’s lives.”
If I’m the opposition, I’m buying a bunch of television time and just running this. Over and over.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 7
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 16
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3