Mar 26, 2010, 10:54 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is no Rasheed Wallace. Rasheed does not appreciate the subtle musical mastery of David Hasselhoff. Nowitzki rarely says anything to referees that will get him a technical.
He did Tuesday night, getting two quick ones from Bill Kennedy and getting tossed. Nowitzki tells the Star Telegram he doesn’t know exactly what he did.
The veteran ref didn’t make a call on what Nowitzki thought was a blatant push in his back by Drew Gooden on a rebound.
“I didn’t think it was that bad to get my first,” Nowitzki said. “All he said was, ‘I didn’t see it.’ I said, ‘You’ve got to get in position to see it.’ And he didn’t like that, so he T’d me up.
“Then I probably deserved the second one.”
Nowitzki admits that Kennedy was in a mood from the opening tip and players knew it. But players shouldn’t have to walk on eggshells during a game.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 17
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 9
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36