Mar 26, 2010, 10:54 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is no Rasheed Wallace. Rasheed does not appreciate the subtle musical mastery of David Hasselhoff. Nowitzki rarely says anything to referees that will get him a technical.
He did Tuesday night, getting two quick ones from Bill Kennedy and getting tossed. Nowitzki tells the Star Telegram he doesn’t know exactly what he did.
The veteran ref didn’t make a call on what Nowitzki thought was a blatant push in his back by Drew Gooden on a rebound.
“I didn’t think it was that bad to get my first,” Nowitzki said. “All he said was, ‘I didn’t see it.’ I said, ‘You’ve got to get in position to see it.’ And he didn’t like that, so he T’d me up.
“Then I probably deserved the second one.”
Nowitzki admits that Kennedy was in a mood from the opening tip and players knew it. But players shouldn’t have to walk on eggshells during a game.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 20
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9