Mar 26, 2010, 10:54 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is no Rasheed Wallace. Rasheed does not appreciate the subtle musical mastery of David Hasselhoff. Nowitzki rarely says anything to referees that will get him a technical.
He did Tuesday night, getting two quick ones from Bill Kennedy and getting tossed. Nowitzki tells the Star Telegram he doesn’t know exactly what he did.
The veteran ref didn’t make a call on what Nowitzki thought was a blatant push in his back by Drew Gooden on a rebound.
“I didn’t think it was that bad to get my first,” Nowitzki said. “All he said was, ‘I didn’t see it.’ I said, ‘You’ve got to get in position to see it.’ And he didn’t like that, so he T’d me up.
“Then I probably deserved the second one.”
Nowitzki admits that Kennedy was in a mood from the opening tip and players knew it. But players shouldn’t have to walk on eggshells during a game.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31