Mar 26, 2010, 10:54 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is no Rasheed Wallace. Rasheed does not appreciate the subtle musical mastery of David Hasselhoff. Nowitzki rarely says anything to referees that will get him a technical.
He did Tuesday night, getting two quick ones from Bill Kennedy and getting tossed. Nowitzki tells the Star Telegram he doesn’t know exactly what he did.
The veteran ref didn’t make a call on what Nowitzki thought was a blatant push in his back by Drew Gooden on a rebound.
“I didn’t think it was that bad to get my first,” Nowitzki said. “All he said was, ‘I didn’t see it.’ I said, ‘You’ve got to get in position to see it.’ And he didn’t like that, so he T’d me up.
“Then I probably deserved the second one.”
Nowitzki admits that Kennedy was in a mood from the opening tip and players knew it. But players shouldn’t have to walk on eggshells during a game.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 6
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 42
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?