Mar 26, 2010, 10:54 AM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki is no Rasheed Wallace. Rasheed does not appreciate the subtle musical mastery of David Hasselhoff. Nowitzki rarely says anything to referees that will get him a technical.
He did Tuesday night, getting two quick ones from Bill Kennedy and getting tossed. Nowitzki tells the Star Telegram he doesn’t know exactly what he did.
The veteran ref didn’t make a call on what Nowitzki thought was a blatant push in his back by Drew Gooden on a rebound.
“I didn’t think it was that bad to get my first,” Nowitzki said. “All he said was, ‘I didn’t see it.’ I said, ‘You’ve got to get in position to see it.’ And he didn’t like that, so he T’d me up.
“Then I probably deserved the second one.”
Nowitzki admits that Kennedy was in a mood from the opening tip and players knew it. But players shouldn’t have to walk on eggshells during a game.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 2
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6