Mar 26, 2010, 8:17 AM EST
Looking to add a little front-line depth, the Miami Heat today will call up maybe the most promising big man in the D-League, Alade Aminu.
Ridiculous Upside broke the story, adding that since a mid-season trade to Bakersfield Aminu has averaged 19.3 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game. It was expected someone would give him a shot late in the year.
Our own Matt Moore filled us in a little on Aminu over at FanHouse.
Aminu is 6-10 with incredible length. If the name sounds familiar, it’s because his brother Al-Farouq Aminu is a probable lottery pick out of Wake Forest. Alade, however, is not sack of potatoes. He’s got NBA quality length and a solid set of offensive moves. Defensively, he’s your typical raw 22 year old in the D-League. Which means he’s got a lot of work to do.
What’s more, I wouldn’t expect Aminu to be on the roster beyond his 10-day, as the Heat prepare for the playoffs. All that, plus they don’t have that much room on the roster. Still, it’s a positive step for Aminu who will likely find his way up if he keeps improving.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 5
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 8
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13