Mar 26, 2010, 8:17 AM EDT
Looking to add a little front-line depth, the Miami Heat today will call up maybe the most promising big man in the D-League, Alade Aminu.
Ridiculous Upside broke the story, adding that since a mid-season trade to Bakersfield Aminu has averaged 19.3 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game. It was expected someone would give him a shot late in the year.
Our own Matt Moore filled us in a little on Aminu over at FanHouse.
Aminu is 6-10 with incredible length. If the name sounds familiar, it’s because his brother Al-Farouq Aminu is a probable lottery pick out of Wake Forest. Alade, however, is not sack of potatoes. He’s got NBA quality length and a solid set of offensive moves. Defensively, he’s your typical raw 22 year old in the D-League. Which means he’s got a lot of work to do.
What’s more, I wouldn’t expect Aminu to be on the roster beyond his 10-day, as the Heat prepare for the playoffs. All that, plus they don’t have that much room on the roster. Still, it’s a positive step for Aminu who will likely find his way up if he keeps improving.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43