Mar 26, 2010, 8:17 AM EDT
Looking to add a little front-line depth, the Miami Heat today will call up maybe the most promising big man in the D-League, Alade Aminu.
Ridiculous Upside broke the story, adding that since a mid-season trade to Bakersfield Aminu has averaged 19.3 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game. It was expected someone would give him a shot late in the year.
Our own Matt Moore filled us in a little on Aminu over at FanHouse.
Aminu is 6-10 with incredible length. If the name sounds familiar, it’s because his brother Al-Farouq Aminu is a probable lottery pick out of Wake Forest. Alade, however, is not sack of potatoes. He’s got NBA quality length and a solid set of offensive moves. Defensively, he’s your typical raw 22 year old in the D-League. Which means he’s got a lot of work to do.
What’s more, I wouldn’t expect Aminu to be on the roster beyond his 10-day, as the Heat prepare for the playoffs. All that, plus they don’t have that much room on the roster. Still, it’s a positive step for Aminu who will likely find his way up if he keeps improving.
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 3
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 9
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 18
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 24
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 14