Mar 26, 2010, 3:07 AM EDT
What you missed while watching Gus Johnson go Gus Johnson…
Heat 103, Bulls 74: Miami’s offense looked great. Chicago’s game plan — a very logical one — was to take Dwyane Wade out, do not let him beat you with his shot. So he passed, and finished with 10 assists. The Heat pounded the soft inside game of the Bulls with Jermaine O’Neal (24 points), then they posted up Quentin Richardson on Flip Murray. The Heat were active on offense, active on defense. And if you get up on these Bulls early right now, they just fold. The Bulls shot 32%.
Clippers 99, Rockets 93: This review contains sentences I never thought I’d type. Such as: The Clippers just executed so much more cleanly than the Rockets tonight. LA recognized the mismatches and pounded them. The Rockets did not.
Or this one: Great game from the Clippers bench. Four of the five Clippers starters had a negative plus/minus for the night, while the entire bench was in the positive. Craig “Rhino” Smith (still maybe the best nickname in the league) dominated — 25 points, 10 rebounds and was a +25 on the night. He was a beast. Eric Gordon had a nice game spreading the floor for him.
Chase Budinger is a nice player, he is no Kevin Martin. The Rockets really missed him and Shane Battier in this one.
Trail Blazers 101, Mavericks 89: Portland is playing well right now, particularly on defense. They are long and athletic, and that really bothered Maverick shooters. Marcus Camby got right up on Dirk Nowitzki, bodied him and made him uncomfortable.
And Portland did it without fouling — Dallas got to the line just nine times, as opposed to Portland’s 26. Little bit of home cooking in that number, but it’s mostly about the defense
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay