Mar 25, 2010, 12:28 PM EDT
That doesn’t mean he’s going to play there next year along side Derrick Rose. Even with all that cap space, he told the Miami Herald.
“I understand the business side of it, so I understand what they’re doing,” Wade said. “But it had nothing to do with me.”
Yea, nothing at all. Sure thing. Not like they’d want to lure back the hometown hero to resuscitate the franchise. Nope. Nothing to do with you at all, Dwyane.
I’m sure it will still have nothing to do with you when the Bulls contact your agent July 1, either. Wade seems to have his heart set on luring a big free agent to Miami, rather than going elsewhere, but the man will have options. Including Chicago.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7