Mar 25, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
A little while ago, Wizards forward Andray Blatche was benched by Flip Saunders for, as Saunders put it, “not wanting to be coached or wanting to play.” Blatche has since gone on the record to tell his side of the story, which is that he wanted to play but simply didn’t want to hear Flip tell him about his shot selection at that particular time. He has also refused to apologize for his actions up to this point, because he claimed he hadn’t done anything wrong.
“I owe an apology to the fans & to the organization, to [Flip], my teammates. It took some time, but I was wrong, I see that now.”
“Nobody is perfect. If they forgive me, I’ll love that. If not, I’ll have to regain their trust back.”
Blatche’s play after the trade deadline has been one of the few bright spots for the Wizards this season. Unfortunately, his maturity level appears to still be a work in progress. Being patient with Blatche’s development on the court ended up paying off for the Wizards. Being patient with Blatche’s attitude off the court may pay dividends as well. With the Wizards currently riding a 13-game losing streak, it’s not like they have other talented players lining up to play for them.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 2
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 35
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte