Mar 24, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Not only did Golden State sign D-League call-up Reggie Williams for the rest of this season, they signed him for next season as well, according to CSNBayArea.com.
Williams was called up from the D-League on March 2 and played through two 10-day contracts. He earned a longer deal by averaging 14 points a game (in just 24 minutes) and shooting 47.5 percent from three. In 12 games, the guy has a PER of 20.3.
With his play, if the Warriors had not locked Williams up there would have been interest from other teams this summer. Smart strategy to keep him around and see what he can do with the new coach next season.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 38
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17