Mar 24, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Not only did Golden State sign D-League call-up Reggie Williams for the rest of this season, they signed him for next season as well, according to CSNBayArea.com.
Williams was called up from the D-League on March 2 and played through two 10-day contracts. He earned a longer deal by averaging 14 points a game (in just 24 minutes) and shooting 47.5 percent from three. In 12 games, the guy has a PER of 20.3.
With his play, if the Warriors had not locked Williams up there would have been interest from other teams this summer. Smart strategy to keep him around and see what he can do with the new coach next season.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13