Mar 24, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
Not only did Golden State sign D-League call-up Reggie Williams for the rest of this season, they signed him for next season as well, according to CSNBayArea.com.
Williams was called up from the D-League on March 2 and played through two 10-day contracts. He earned a longer deal by averaging 14 points a game (in just 24 minutes) and shooting 47.5 percent from three. In 12 games, the guy has a PER of 20.3.
With his play, if the Warriors had not locked Williams up there would have been interest from other teams this summer. Smart strategy to keep him around and see what he can do with the new coach next season.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 6
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 11
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 22
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 40
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5