Mar 24, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Not only did Golden State sign D-League call-up Reggie Williams for the rest of this season, they signed him for next season as well, according to CSNBayArea.com.
Williams was called up from the D-League on March 2 and played through two 10-day contracts. He earned a longer deal by averaging 14 points a game (in just 24 minutes) and shooting 47.5 percent from three. In 12 games, the guy has a PER of 20.3.
With his play, if the Warriors had not locked Williams up there would have been interest from other teams this summer. Smart strategy to keep him around and see what he can do with the new coach next season.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14