Mar 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
A seven-win team faces a must-win game? Only the Nets.
But it really is — if the Nets don’t want to dodge questions from their grandkids about playing on the worst team in NBA history they are going to have to find three wins in their remaining 12 games.
And there will be few better opportunities than when the Sacramento Kings come to town. The Kings have just seven road wins this season but still would be favorites tonight if they had rookie sensation Tyreke Evans in tow. But they don’t — he’ll miss another game after the concussion he suffered last Friday — and that led Devin Harris to tell the Star Ledger:
“This is one we have to have. Simple as that,” Harris said. “Banged up or not, we’re running out of opportunities, so this is one we have to have.”
Usually desperation is reserved for teams fighting for a playoff spot this time of year. But there has been nothing usual about this Net’s season. And they could use a little more desperation.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10