Mar 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
A seven-win team faces a must-win game? Only the Nets.
But it really is — if the Nets don’t want to dodge questions from their grandkids about playing on the worst team in NBA history they are going to have to find three wins in their remaining 12 games.
And there will be few better opportunities than when the Sacramento Kings come to town. The Kings have just seven road wins this season but still would be favorites tonight if they had rookie sensation Tyreke Evans in tow. But they don’t — he’ll miss another game after the concussion he suffered last Friday — and that led Devin Harris to tell the Star Ledger:
“This is one we have to have. Simple as that,” Harris said. “Banged up or not, we’re running out of opportunities, so this is one we have to have.”
Usually desperation is reserved for teams fighting for a playoff spot this time of year. But there has been nothing usual about this Net’s season. And they could use a little more desperation.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48