Mar 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
A seven-win team faces a must-win game? Only the Nets.
But it really is — if the Nets don’t want to dodge questions from their grandkids about playing on the worst team in NBA history they are going to have to find three wins in their remaining 12 games.
And there will be few better opportunities than when the Sacramento Kings come to town. The Kings have just seven road wins this season but still would be favorites tonight if they had rookie sensation Tyreke Evans in tow. But they don’t — he’ll miss another game after the concussion he suffered last Friday — and that led Devin Harris to tell the Star Ledger:
“This is one we have to have. Simple as that,” Harris said. “Banged up or not, we’re running out of opportunities, so this is one we have to have.”
Usually desperation is reserved for teams fighting for a playoff spot this time of year. But there has been nothing usual about this Net’s season. And they could use a little more desperation.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 4
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 36
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte