Mar 24, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
A seven-win team faces a must-win game? Only the Nets.
But it really is — if the Nets don’t want to dodge questions from their grandkids about playing on the worst team in NBA history they are going to have to find three wins in their remaining 12 games.
And there will be few better opportunities than when the Sacramento Kings come to town. The Kings have just seven road wins this season but still would be favorites tonight if they had rookie sensation Tyreke Evans in tow. But they don’t — he’ll miss another game after the concussion he suffered last Friday — and that led Devin Harris to tell the Star Ledger:
“This is one we have to have. Simple as that,” Harris said. “Banged up or not, we’re running out of opportunities, so this is one we have to have.”
Usually desperation is reserved for teams fighting for a playoff spot this time of year. But there has been nothing usual about this Net’s season. And they could use a little more desperation.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13