Mar 24, 2010, 8:23 AM EDT
Raja Bell opted to have surgery rather than play for Don Nelson. He had put off wrist surgery so he could play for Larry Brown, but when he was traded to the Warriors Bell decided he would rather have a guy with a scalpel cut him open than be part of whatever it is that Golden State is doing.
He was done for the season. So, of course the Knicks are going to call him this season anyway, according to the New York Post.
Knicks president Donnie Walsh said yesterday he would talk to Raja Bell’s representative now that Bell has been waived by the Warriors…
Walsh told The Post on Sunday he would consider signing Bell to a 10-day contract as a goodwill gesture to express their long-term interest if Bell wants to play.
Of course, Bell was a big part of Mike D’Antoni’s system in Phoenix, playing hard-nosed defense and draining threes. Two things the Knicks could really use next year, regardless of what other changes are coming to the roster.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6