Mar 24, 2010, 8:23 AM EDT
Raja Bell opted to have surgery rather than play for Don Nelson. He had put off wrist surgery so he could play for Larry Brown, but when he was traded to the Warriors Bell decided he would rather have a guy with a scalpel cut him open than be part of whatever it is that Golden State is doing.
He was done for the season. So, of course the Knicks are going to call him this season anyway, according to the New York Post.
Knicks president Donnie Walsh said yesterday he would talk to Raja Bell’s representative now that Bell has been waived by the Warriors…
Walsh told The Post on Sunday he would consider signing Bell to a 10-day contract as a goodwill gesture to express their long-term interest if Bell wants to play.
Of course, Bell was a big part of Mike D’Antoni’s system in Phoenix, playing hard-nosed defense and draining threes. Two things the Knicks could really use next year, regardless of what other changes are coming to the roster.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3