Mar 24, 2010, 8:23 AM EDT
Raja Bell opted to have surgery rather than play for Don Nelson. He had put off wrist surgery so he could play for Larry Brown, but when he was traded to the Warriors Bell decided he would rather have a guy with a scalpel cut him open than be part of whatever it is that Golden State is doing.
He was done for the season. So, of course the Knicks are going to call him this season anyway, according to the New York Post.
Knicks president Donnie Walsh said yesterday he would talk to Raja Bell’s representative now that Bell has been waived by the Warriors…
Walsh told The Post on Sunday he would consider signing Bell to a 10-day contract as a goodwill gesture to express their long-term interest if Bell wants to play.
Of course, Bell was a big part of Mike D’Antoni’s system in Phoenix, playing hard-nosed defense and draining threes. Two things the Knicks could really use next year, regardless of what other changes are coming to the roster.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 11
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 4
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 33
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 58
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40