Mar 24, 2010, 8:23 AM EDT
Raja Bell opted to have surgery rather than play for Don Nelson. He had put off wrist surgery so he could play for Larry Brown, but when he was traded to the Warriors Bell decided he would rather have a guy with a scalpel cut him open than be part of whatever it is that Golden State is doing.
He was done for the season. So, of course the Knicks are going to call him this season anyway, according to the New York Post.
Knicks president Donnie Walsh said yesterday he would talk to Raja Bell’s representative now that Bell has been waived by the Warriors…
Walsh told The Post on Sunday he would consider signing Bell to a 10-day contract as a goodwill gesture to express their long-term interest if Bell wants to play.
Of course, Bell was a big part of Mike D’Antoni’s system in Phoenix, playing hard-nosed defense and draining threes. Two things the Knicks could really use next year, regardless of what other changes are coming to the roster.
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 0
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 5
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 12
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 13
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 11