Mar 24, 2010, 8:42 PM EDT
The Mercury News reports that the Warriors have hired Galatioto Sports Partners to facilitate the sale of their franchise. GSP is an outsourced sports finance and management firm that can help organize the sale in a professional manner.
But as the Mercury News points out, there’s something spooky about the involvement of GSP. Not only is Warriors owner Chris Cohan not known as the outsourcing type, but GSP’s Vice Chariman is Russ Granik, a remarkably connected individual the article suggests was in line to follow David Stern for years.
It would not be surprising to find that the league has decided to get involved with the Warriors sale with how messy the situation has become in a golden goose market for the league. It may not be the most comfortable thing to imagine, but that’s really one of the primary goals of the league, isn’t it? To protect the health of the league?
This isn’t the league injecting poison into a system, it’s bringing in a specialist named Roto-Rooter.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 3
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 6
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay