Mar 24, 2010, 8:42 PM EDT
The Mercury News reports that the Warriors have hired Galatioto Sports Partners to facilitate the sale of their franchise. GSP is an outsourced sports finance and management firm that can help organize the sale in a professional manner.
But as the Mercury News points out, there’s something spooky about the involvement of GSP. Not only is Warriors owner Chris Cohan not known as the outsourcing type, but GSP’s Vice Chariman is Russ Granik, a remarkably connected individual the article suggests was in line to follow David Stern for years.
It would not be surprising to find that the league has decided to get involved with the Warriors sale with how messy the situation has become in a golden goose market for the league. It may not be the most comfortable thing to imagine, but that’s really one of the primary goals of the league, isn’t it? To protect the health of the league?
This isn’t the league injecting poison into a system, it’s bringing in a specialist named Roto-Rooter.
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 5
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 44
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 18
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 44
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record