Mar 24, 2010, 3:27 PM EDT
Ben Wallace did not suit up for the Pistons on Tuesday night, and with nothing left to play for this season Detroit may just shut him down, according to the Detroit News.
Wallace missed eight games due to a sore right patellar tendon, then came back for the matchup with the Pacers last Friday, only to have soreness in both knees last. He sat out Sunday against the Cavaliers and again in the Pacers rematch last night.
Wallace is no spring chicken, time to give Jason Maxiell some burn and let Wallace start recuperating for next season early.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 25
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 76
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14