Mar 24, 2010, 3:27 PM EDT
Ben Wallace did not suit up for the Pistons on Tuesday night, and with nothing left to play for this season Detroit may just shut him down, according to the Detroit News.
Wallace missed eight games due to a sore right patellar tendon, then came back for the matchup with the Pacers last Friday, only to have soreness in both knees last. He sat out Sunday against the Cavaliers and again in the Pacers rematch last night.
Wallace is no spring chicken, time to give Jason Maxiell some burn and let Wallace start recuperating for next season early.
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14