Mar 24, 2010, 3:27 PM EDT
Ben Wallace did not suit up for the Pistons on Tuesday night, and with nothing left to play for this season Detroit may just shut him down, according to the Detroit News.
Wallace missed eight games due to a sore right patellar tendon, then came back for the matchup with the Pacers last Friday, only to have soreness in both knees last. He sat out Sunday against the Cavaliers and again in the Pacers rematch last night.
Wallace is no spring chicken, time to give Jason Maxiell some burn and let Wallace start recuperating for next season early.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8