Mar 24, 2010, 6:56 PM EDT
Gilbert Arenas will not be playing any more professional basketball this season. Hey may not be playing next season, either, and his playing future is very much up in the air. Plus, to make matters worse, he won’t even be available for video game basketball next year.
EA Sports has been conducting online fan voting to determine the rosters for the highly anticipated NBA Jam redux, but when the options for the Wizards were made available, Arenas’ name was left off the list entirely. It’s no surprise why.
Chris Littmann of First Cuts contacted EA Sports about Arenas’ exclusion, and this was their representative’s response:
“Gilbert’s omission from NBA JAM voting is the product of production deadlines and Gilbert’s current inactive status as a result of the suspension. As is the case with all of our sports titles, we’ll continue to monitor the situation and have the capacity to update our in-game features via downloadable upgrades throughout the season.”
This is undoubtedly the biggest problem on Gilbert’s plate right now. The re-launch of Jam is an event of epic propotions, but luckily for Gil, the EA rep’s comments seem to indicate that there’s hope for him yet.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 6
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 16
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 7
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 13
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'