Mar 23, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Peter Max was one of the world’s most famous artists in the late 1960s. His love poster hung on the wall of every college dorm room for kids to stare at while they got stoned and talked about how bad the war was and how they should just drop out and join the hippies.
Shaquille O’Neal has hooked up with him just in time.
Legendary “cosmic” artist Max has painted some portraits of Shaq, using his time-tested technique of blending photographs and vivid colors. And it can be yours — autographed by Shaq — for just $200.
I’m no art critic, so I’ll say that this lands on the art scale somewhere between Dogs Playing Poker and Jackson Pollock’s One: number 31.
Buy this now. Who doesn’t need a colorful portrait of Shaq in their living room. Or in your college dorm room, to stare at when you’re stoned and talk about how good you are at NBA 2K10 and how you should just drop out and join a high tech firm.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16