Mar 23, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
Can you believe that Nets fans are unhappy with this team?
What is there for the fans to be unhappy about? The ingrates. Monday night the Nets provided fans the chance to see Dwyane Wade do whatever he wanted on offense, to put on a real show for the fans. Wade obliged, dropping 27 and helping the Nets to their 7-63 record on the season.
With the Nets trailing 79-67 between the third and fourth quarters, Yormark left his courtside seat and passed Chris Lisi of Middletown, N.J., who was sitting in the second row and wearing a paper bag over his head. Yormark then walked back toward Lisi, and in full view of reporters and photographers got into a shouting match with Lisi and a pal.
As Yormark jabbed his finger toward Lisi as he shouted something, Lisi pulled out a pair of tickets and waved them back at the CEO, who then stomped away as security personnel approached.
Just when you think the Nets can’t make things any worse for themselves.
Lesi later said that Yormark asked him why he was wearing bag and he had replied sarcastically, “Because the Nets are so good.” That apparently set Yormark off.
Yormark, we get you’re frustrated. That much losing wears on people. But you know what we’re going to say here, right? That if you don’t want fans with bags on their heads at the games, put a team on the court that wins some games.
If you have a team on the way to a futility mark, you take what the fans dish out and just be thankful they are still buying any tickets.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 10
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 9
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 39
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10