Mar 23, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
Can you believe that Nets fans are unhappy with this team?
What is there for the fans to be unhappy about? The ingrates. Monday night the Nets provided fans the chance to see Dwyane Wade do whatever he wanted on offense, to put on a real show for the fans. Wade obliged, dropping 27 and helping the Nets to their 7-63 record on the season.
With the Nets trailing 79-67 between the third and fourth quarters, Yormark left his courtside seat and passed Chris Lisi of Middletown, N.J., who was sitting in the second row and wearing a paper bag over his head. Yormark then walked back toward Lisi, and in full view of reporters and photographers got into a shouting match with Lisi and a pal.
As Yormark jabbed his finger toward Lisi as he shouted something, Lisi pulled out a pair of tickets and waved them back at the CEO, who then stomped away as security personnel approached.
Just when you think the Nets can’t make things any worse for themselves.
Lesi later said that Yormark asked him why he was wearing bag and he had replied sarcastically, “Because the Nets are so good.” That apparently set Yormark off.
Yormark, we get you’re frustrated. That much losing wears on people. But you know what we’re going to say here, right? That if you don’t want fans with bags on their heads at the games, put a team on the court that wins some games.
If you have a team on the way to a futility mark, you take what the fans dish out and just be thankful they are still buying any tickets.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona