Mar 23, 2010, 9:36 AM EDT
Can you believe that Nets fans are unhappy with this team?
What is there for the fans to be unhappy about? The ingrates. Monday night the Nets provided fans the chance to see Dwyane Wade do whatever he wanted on offense, to put on a real show for the fans. Wade obliged, dropping 27 and helping the Nets to their 7-63 record on the season.
With the Nets trailing 79-67 between the third and fourth quarters, Yormark left his courtside seat and passed Chris Lisi of Middletown, N.J., who was sitting in the second row and wearing a paper bag over his head. Yormark then walked back toward Lisi, and in full view of reporters and photographers got into a shouting match with Lisi and a pal.
As Yormark jabbed his finger toward Lisi as he shouted something, Lisi pulled out a pair of tickets and waved them back at the CEO, who then stomped away as security personnel approached.
Just when you think the Nets can’t make things any worse for themselves.
Lesi later said that Yormark asked him why he was wearing bag and he had replied sarcastically, “Because the Nets are so good.” That apparently set Yormark off.
Yormark, we get you’re frustrated. That much losing wears on people. But you know what we’re going to say here, right? That if you don’t want fans with bags on their heads at the games, put a team on the court that wins some games.
If you have a team on the way to a futility mark, you take what the fans dish out and just be thankful they are still buying any tickets.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8