Mar 23, 2010, 9:36 AM EST
Can you believe that Nets fans are unhappy with this team?
What is there for the fans to be unhappy about? The ingrates. Monday night the Nets provided fans the chance to see Dwyane Wade do whatever he wanted on offense, to put on a real show for the fans. Wade obliged, dropping 27 and helping the Nets to their 7-63 record on the season.
With the Nets trailing 79-67 between the third and fourth quarters, Yormark left his courtside seat and passed Chris Lisi of Middletown, N.J., who was sitting in the second row and wearing a paper bag over his head. Yormark then walked back toward Lisi, and in full view of reporters and photographers got into a shouting match with Lisi and a pal.
As Yormark jabbed his finger toward Lisi as he shouted something, Lisi pulled out a pair of tickets and waved them back at the CEO, who then stomped away as security personnel approached.
Just when you think the Nets can’t make things any worse for themselves.
Lesi later said that Yormark asked him why he was wearing bag and he had replied sarcastically, “Because the Nets are so good.” That apparently set Yormark off.
Yormark, we get you’re frustrated. That much losing wears on people. But you know what we’re going to say here, right? That if you don’t want fans with bags on their heads at the games, put a team on the court that wins some games.
If you have a team on the way to a futility mark, you take what the fans dish out and just be thankful they are still buying any tickets.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 13
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 9
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)