Mar 23, 2010, 11:16 AM EDT
Mikki Moore has magical powers. I’m convinced. How else would you explain the fact that he has actually persuaded NBA teams to pay him money to play basketball?
There was a point where Moore was decent. He was hard-working, and somehow developed a reputation for being ‘rugged’ despite being a pretty poor finisher inside and not much of a rebounder. But now, the only thing that’s rugged is his jumper, which is the only offensive “weapon” (heavy on the quotes, please) he could potentially bring to an NBA roster.
No inside game. No outside game. No rebounding. No defense. If that’s not a list of traits that describes a candidate for an NBA roster, I don’t know what is.
But yet here we are — or really, here the Utah Jazz are — entertaining the idea that Moore may be able to help out a playoff team. Even after signing Othyus Jeffers for the remainder of the season, the Jazz will have space on their roster for Moore, whom Utah GM Kevin O’Connor confirmed as a potential target. Nothing is in place yet, but provided that Moore is as healthy as his agent claims, we could see him in a Jazz uniform in the coming weeks. Shake your head, sigh deeply, and facepalm.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 16
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 20
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2