Mar 23, 2010, 11:16 AM EDT
Mikki Moore has magical powers. I’m convinced. How else would you explain the fact that he has actually persuaded NBA teams to pay him money to play basketball?
There was a point where Moore was decent. He was hard-working, and somehow developed a reputation for being ‘rugged’ despite being a pretty poor finisher inside and not much of a rebounder. But now, the only thing that’s rugged is his jumper, which is the only offensive “weapon” (heavy on the quotes, please) he could potentially bring to an NBA roster.
No inside game. No outside game. No rebounding. No defense. If that’s not a list of traits that describes a candidate for an NBA roster, I don’t know what is.
But yet here we are — or really, here the Utah Jazz are — entertaining the idea that Moore may be able to help out a playoff team. Even after signing Othyus Jeffers for the remainder of the season, the Jazz will have space on their roster for Moore, whom Utah GM Kevin O’Connor confirmed as a potential target. Nothing is in place yet, but provided that Moore is as healthy as his agent claims, we could see him in a Jazz uniform in the coming weeks. Shake your head, sigh deeply, and facepalm.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31