Mar 23, 2010, 11:16 AM EDT
Mikki Moore has magical powers. I’m convinced. How else would you explain the fact that he has actually persuaded NBA teams to pay him money to play basketball?
There was a point where Moore was decent. He was hard-working, and somehow developed a reputation for being ‘rugged’ despite being a pretty poor finisher inside and not much of a rebounder. But now, the only thing that’s rugged is his jumper, which is the only offensive “weapon” (heavy on the quotes, please) he could potentially bring to an NBA roster.
No inside game. No outside game. No rebounding. No defense. If that’s not a list of traits that describes a candidate for an NBA roster, I don’t know what is.
But yet here we are — or really, here the Utah Jazz are — entertaining the idea that Moore may be able to help out a playoff team. Even after signing Othyus Jeffers for the remainder of the season, the Jazz will have space on their roster for Moore, whom Utah GM Kevin O’Connor confirmed as a potential target. Nothing is in place yet, but provided that Moore is as healthy as his agent claims, we could see him in a Jazz uniform in the coming weeks. Shake your head, sigh deeply, and facepalm.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 0
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 6
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 15
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 24
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10