Mar 23, 2010, 11:16 AM EST
Mikki Moore has magical powers. I’m convinced. How else would you explain the fact that he has actually persuaded NBA teams to pay him money to play basketball?
There was a point where Moore was decent. He was hard-working, and somehow developed a reputation for being ‘rugged’ despite being a pretty poor finisher inside and not much of a rebounder. But now, the only thing that’s rugged is his jumper, which is the only offensive “weapon” (heavy on the quotes, please) he could potentially bring to an NBA roster.
No inside game. No outside game. No rebounding. No defense. If that’s not a list of traits that describes a candidate for an NBA roster, I don’t know what is.
But yet here we are — or really, here the Utah Jazz are — entertaining the idea that Moore may be able to help out a playoff team. Even after signing Othyus Jeffers for the remainder of the season, the Jazz will have space on their roster for Moore, whom Utah GM Kevin O’Connor confirmed as a potential target. Nothing is in place yet, but provided that Moore is as healthy as his agent claims, we could see him in a Jazz uniform in the coming weeks. Shake your head, sigh deeply, and facepalm.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13