Mar 23, 2010, 11:16 AM EST
Mikki Moore has magical powers. I’m convinced. How else would you explain the fact that he has actually persuaded NBA teams to pay him money to play basketball?
There was a point where Moore was decent. He was hard-working, and somehow developed a reputation for being ‘rugged’ despite being a pretty poor finisher inside and not much of a rebounder. But now, the only thing that’s rugged is his jumper, which is the only offensive “weapon” (heavy on the quotes, please) he could potentially bring to an NBA roster.
No inside game. No outside game. No rebounding. No defense. If that’s not a list of traits that describes a candidate for an NBA roster, I don’t know what is.
But yet here we are — or really, here the Utah Jazz are — entertaining the idea that Moore may be able to help out a playoff team. Even after signing Othyus Jeffers for the remainder of the season, the Jazz will have space on their roster for Moore, whom Utah GM Kevin O’Connor confirmed as a potential target. Nothing is in place yet, but provided that Moore is as healthy as his agent claims, we could see him in a Jazz uniform in the coming weeks. Shake your head, sigh deeply, and facepalm.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8