Mar 23, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
In the sentencing memo by U.S. prosecutors for Gilbert Arenas’ case, a wrinkle has been revealed. Prosecutors outlined a text sent to Crittenton which they say was forwarded on behalf of Arenas, telling Javaris Crittenton not to mention their dispute over a card game which sparked the debacle.
That Arenas isn’t facing further charges for interfering in an investigation is stunning, and this could impact how much time Arenas receives when he’s sentenced on Friday. If true, the allegation also will impact Arenas’ attempts to recover his career. While Arenas has been handed a suspension by David Stern for the rest of the season, there’s nothing limiting further punishment if the league was unaware of an attempt to cover up an investigation using another player.
The level to which Arenas mishandled this situation is truly stunning.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5