Mar 23, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
In the sentencing memo by U.S. prosecutors for Gilbert Arenas’ case, a wrinkle has been revealed. Prosecutors outlined a text sent to Crittenton which they say was forwarded on behalf of Arenas, telling Javaris Crittenton not to mention their dispute over a card game which sparked the debacle.
That Arenas isn’t facing further charges for interfering in an investigation is stunning, and this could impact how much time Arenas receives when he’s sentenced on Friday. If true, the allegation also will impact Arenas’ attempts to recover his career. While Arenas has been handed a suspension by David Stern for the rest of the season, there’s nothing limiting further punishment if the league was unaware of an attempt to cover up an investigation using another player.
The level to which Arenas mishandled this situation is truly stunning.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10