Mar 22, 2010, 6:48 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that the Golden State Warriors have signed forward Reggie Williams for the remainder of the season, and have waived shooting guard Raja Bell to make the necessary room on their roster. The 23-year old Williams has been another example of Don Nelson’s ability to take a player off the proverbial scrap heap and make him somewhat effective; since joining the Warriors on March 2nd, Williams is averaging 12.8 points per game with shooting percentages of 53%/48.6%/90.0%. He was key in the Warriors’ win against New Orleans, scoring 22 points on only 11 field goal attempts. Unfortunately, the Warriors have only won one other contest since Williams joined the team.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 27
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 14
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 35
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 13
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 22
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (107)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead