Mar 22, 2010, 6:48 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that the Golden State Warriors have signed forward Reggie Williams for the remainder of the season, and have waived shooting guard Raja Bell to make the necessary room on their roster. The 23-year old Williams has been another example of Don Nelson’s ability to take a player off the proverbial scrap heap and make him somewhat effective; since joining the Warriors on March 2nd, Williams is averaging 12.8 points per game with shooting percentages of 53%/48.6%/90.0%. He was key in the Warriors’ win against New Orleans, scoring 22 points on only 11 field goal attempts. Unfortunately, the Warriors have only won one other contest since Williams joined the team.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 21
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 14
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 28