Mar 22, 2010, 8:52 PM EDT
Allen Iverson was a transcendent talent on the court whose words and actions off of it made him a polarizing figure. Now it appears that some of the guys who gained the most from Iverson’s on-court brilliance are stepping up to be there for him as he tries to keep his personal life together.
Whatever ends up happening with Iverson’s playing career and beyond, it’s nice to know that the NBA’s most powerful man is looking out for a former superstar during some tough times in his life.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 10
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 57
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14