Mar 22, 2010, 8:52 PM EDT
Allen Iverson was a transcendent talent on the court whose words and actions off of it made him a polarizing figure. Now it appears that some of the guys who gained the most from Iverson’s on-court brilliance are stepping up to be there for him as he tries to keep his personal life together.
Whatever ends up happening with Iverson’s playing career and beyond, it’s nice to know that the NBA’s most powerful man is looking out for a former superstar during some tough times in his life.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43