Mar 22, 2010, 5:16 PM EST
Former NBA player Stephon Marbury justified his status as the highest profile import in the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) with an MVP performance at the league’s All Star weekend.
The former Minnesota, New Jersey, Phoenix, New York Knicks and Boston point guard, twice an NBA All Star, scored 30 points at Beijing’s Wukesong Arena to lift his North team to a 133-121 victory over the South Sunday.
More than just his scoring, it was his array of “no-look passes, alley-hoops and mid-court three-pointers” that won Marbury Most Valuable Player honors and rescued what had been “quite a dull game,” according to the Xinhua news agency.
Click on the BDL link to check out Starbury’s sparkling gold jersey. Why come back to the NBA when you get to where that?
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 58
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7