Mar 22, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
Former NBA player Stephon Marbury justified his status as the highest profile import in the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) with an MVP performance at the league’s All Star weekend.
The former Minnesota, New Jersey, Phoenix, New York Knicks and Boston point guard, twice an NBA All Star, scored 30 points at Beijing’s Wukesong Arena to lift his North team to a 133-121 victory over the South Sunday.
More than just his scoring, it was his array of “no-look passes, alley-hoops and mid-court three-pointers” that won Marbury Most Valuable Player honors and rescued what had been “quite a dull game,” according to the Xinhua news agency.
Click on the BDL link to check out Starbury’s sparkling gold jersey. Why come back to the NBA when you get to where that?
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 7
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 3