Mar 22, 2010, 5:16 PM EDT
Former NBA player Stephon Marbury justified his status as the highest profile import in the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) with an MVP performance at the league’s All Star weekend.
The former Minnesota, New Jersey, Phoenix, New York Knicks and Boston point guard, twice an NBA All Star, scored 30 points at Beijing’s Wukesong Arena to lift his North team to a 133-121 victory over the South Sunday.
More than just his scoring, it was his array of “no-look passes, alley-hoops and mid-court three-pointers” that won Marbury Most Valuable Player honors and rescued what had been “quite a dull game,” according to the Xinhua news agency.
Click on the BDL link to check out Starbury’s sparkling gold jersey. Why come back to the NBA when you get to where that?
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70