Mar 22, 2010, 9:43 AM EDT
In a move that will surprise nobody from he Kobe Bryant puppet on down, LeBron James isn’t going anywhere next season.
In terms of a show contract.
There is a greater chance of LeBron playing for the Clippers next season than there is of him leaving Nike. You can question if Cleveland put enough around LeBron to get what he wants, there is no question the Nike folks delivered on marketing. Way more than LeBron delivered in selling shoes for Nike.
Take it away, Brian Windhorst…
James hinted on Sunday that he was close to agreeing to a long-term extension with Nike to continue to be one of their top pitchmen. James’ original seven-year contract that paid him in excess of $100 million with bonuses is set to expire in a couple of months.
“I don’t plan on going anywhere, maybe I already have a agreement,” James said perhaps not wanting to take away from a formal announcement. “I take care of my business on and off the court.”
Now that this is wrapped up, can we get back to random speculation about how much LeBron wants to play in New York?
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48