Mar 22, 2010, 9:43 AM EDT
In a move that will surprise nobody from he Kobe Bryant puppet on down, LeBron James isn’t going anywhere next season.
In terms of a show contract.
There is a greater chance of LeBron playing for the Clippers next season than there is of him leaving Nike. You can question if Cleveland put enough around LeBron to get what he wants, there is no question the Nike folks delivered on marketing. Way more than LeBron delivered in selling shoes for Nike.
Take it away, Brian Windhorst…
James hinted on Sunday that he was close to agreeing to a long-term extension with Nike to continue to be one of their top pitchmen. James’ original seven-year contract that paid him in excess of $100 million with bonuses is set to expire in a couple of months.
“I don’t plan on going anywhere, maybe I already have a agreement,” James said perhaps not wanting to take away from a formal announcement. “I take care of my business on and off the court.”
Now that this is wrapped up, can we get back to random speculation about how much LeBron wants to play in New York?
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4