Mar 22, 2010, 9:43 AM EDT
In a move that will surprise nobody from he Kobe Bryant puppet on down, LeBron James isn’t going anywhere next season.
In terms of a show contract.
There is a greater chance of LeBron playing for the Clippers next season than there is of him leaving Nike. You can question if Cleveland put enough around LeBron to get what he wants, there is no question the Nike folks delivered on marketing. Way more than LeBron delivered in selling shoes for Nike.
Take it away, Brian Windhorst…
James hinted on Sunday that he was close to agreeing to a long-term extension with Nike to continue to be one of their top pitchmen. James’ original seven-year contract that paid him in excess of $100 million with bonuses is set to expire in a couple of months.
“I don’t plan on going anywhere, maybe I already have a agreement,” James said perhaps not wanting to take away from a formal announcement. “I take care of my business on and off the court.”
Now that this is wrapped up, can we get back to random speculation about how much LeBron wants to play in New York?
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (98)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'