Mar 22, 2010, 9:43 AM EDT
In a move that will surprise nobody from he Kobe Bryant puppet on down, LeBron James isn’t going anywhere next season.
In terms of a show contract.
There is a greater chance of LeBron playing for the Clippers next season than there is of him leaving Nike. You can question if Cleveland put enough around LeBron to get what he wants, there is no question the Nike folks delivered on marketing. Way more than LeBron delivered in selling shoes for Nike.
Take it away, Brian Windhorst…
James hinted on Sunday that he was close to agreeing to a long-term extension with Nike to continue to be one of their top pitchmen. James’ original seven-year contract that paid him in excess of $100 million with bonuses is set to expire in a couple of months.
“I don’t plan on going anywhere, maybe I already have a agreement,” James said perhaps not wanting to take away from a formal announcement. “I take care of my business on and off the court.”
Now that this is wrapped up, can we get back to random speculation about how much LeBron wants to play in New York?
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13