Mar 22, 2010, 9:13 AM EST
If you looked at him from behind, squinted real hard and added a bald spot, you could almost swear Dwight Howard is Rasheed Wallace.
Yea, maybe not. But apparently NBA referees think so, because Howard is pocking up technicals at a vintage Rasheed-like pace this season. One more and Howard will have 16 — something that earns him a one-game suspension.
It’s is a goal Howard told the Orlando Sentinel he can reach in the dozen remaining regular season games.
“I would say I might get it,” Howard said Sunday with a smile, eliciting laughter from reporters. “I’m going to try not to, but chances are my emotions tend to fly. I’m going to try [not to get a tech]. A lot of people have talked to me about it. They call me ‘Little Rasheed Wallace’ and stuff like that.”
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy sees a conspiracy man. They are out to get him, just like they did Tupac.
“I don’t know if it’s personal or they’re trying to make a point,” Van Gundy answered. “I really don’t know. But I’ve thought the last couple [of technicals] have been pretty cheap when he’s not yelling at them, not saying anything to them and the whole thing. But that’s just my opinion and it doesn’t matter for anything.”
There is one way to stop getting technicals… Stop complaining about the calls. Shut up and just play through it like a man. Bad calls happen to everyone.
Nah… just keep talking and get a little vacation. You could use one before the playoffs.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 5
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44