Dwight Howard is Little Rasheed Wallace

Mar 22, 2010, 9:13 AM EST

Thumbnail image for Howard_game.jpgIf you looked at him from behind, squinted real hard and added a bald spot, you could almost swear Dwight Howard is Rasheed Wallace.

Yea, maybe not. But apparently NBA referees think so, because Howard is pocking up technicals at a vintage Rasheed-like pace this season. One more and Howard will have 16 — something that earns him a one-game suspension.

It’s is a goal Howard told the Orlando Sentinel he can reach in the dozen remaining regular season games.

“I would say I might get it,” Howard said Sunday with a smile, eliciting laughter from reporters. “I’m going to try not to, but chances are my emotions tend to fly. I’m going to try [not to get a tech]. A lot of people have talked to me about it. They call me ‘Little Rasheed Wallace’ and stuff like that.”

Magic coach Stan Van Gundy sees a conspiracy man. They are out to get him, just like they did Tupac.

“I don’t know if it’s personal or they’re trying to make a point,” Van Gundy answered. “I really don’t know. But I’ve thought the last couple [of technicals] have been pretty cheap when he’s not yelling at them, not saying anything to them and the whole thing. But that’s just my opinion and it doesn’t matter for anything.”

There is one way to stop getting technicals… Stop complaining about the calls. Shut up and just play through it like a man. Bad calls happen to everyone.

Nah… just keep talking and get a little vacation. You could use one before the playoffs.

1. Mike - Mar 22, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Doesn’t Kobe Bryant have 15 technicals, too? Does that make him a “little Dennis Rodman?”

2. Sguy2130 - Mar 22, 2010 at 11:47 AM

This puts the NBA in a tough place. All the crybabies in Orlando will preach conspiracy while every other objective fan just sees a guy who can’t control his emotions or his elbows. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.
    You know if they make it to the ECF there will be 0 techs called on him.

3. T - Mar 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Yes, but Kobe can make a shot from more then 2 feet from the rim, unlike Howard and Wallace. Just watch a Magic game, he will not make a shot from outside the 2 foot circle under the rim, even counting free throws most nights. The difference is, skilled players don’t get the negative attention.

4. Arock - Mar 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Wallace is a great 3 point shooter so maybe watch a little more b-ball there T As for crybabbies in O-town there sguy I guess the last teck was deserved as well for bouncing the ball to yourself, as for Kobe he thinks every missed shot is a foul even when the defender is 10ft away, as for your skilled players theory be a center under the rim in an NBA game not your typical park ball with 12 & 13 yr olds and see if the beating you take you would be in positive attention.

5. T - Mar 23, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I don’t think 28% 3 point percentage constitutes great, but maybe if you are Dwight it might. Do some research. He is ranked 231 in 3 point percentage this year.
    Ha, you got served.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches