Mar 22, 2010, 3:10 PM EDT
Shane Battier’s sprained knee is going to keep him out at least 10 days to two weeks.
That according to Jason Friedman, your official NBA.com beat reporter for the Rockets. So he’s probably not making this up. Battier sprained the knee in the game against the Knicks Sunday. Friedman adds that Jared Jeffries likely will get a bump in minutes to fill the hole left by Battier.
The Rockets are 4.5 games out of a playoff spot, and Rockets fans want to believe. They probably shouldn’t. Their only real hope is to catch a San Antonio team that is five games ahead of them but with a wicked schedule down the stretch. Still, five games with just 12 remaining takes the kind of collapse from the team above you that the Spurs just will not do.
Which is to say, in two weeks you may not want or need to rush Battier back.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 31
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 28
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?