Mar 21, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Zydrunas Ilgauskas comes home this week.
Using one of the most controversial loopholes in NBA dealings today, the Cavs traded Ilgauskas to Washington in return for Antawn Jamison. After being bought out by the Wizards, Ilgauaskas could have signed with any team outside the Cavs or waited till March 22nd. March 22nd is tomorrow, and Ilgauskas has declined all other offers.
Brian Windhorst of the Plain Dealer reports Ilgauskas hopes to rejoin the team before its road trip starting Tuesday, and play in his first game on Sunday against the Kings.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Cavs re-acclimate Z. You’d assume he’d start with Shaquille O’Neal still out with the thumb injury. But you also don’t want to rush Ilgauskas back, with the Eastern top seed all but wrapped up and Z coming off a long layoff.
One thing’s for certain. He should get quite an ovation his first game back in Cleveland.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9