Mar 21, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Zydrunas Ilgauskas comes home this week.
Using one of the most controversial loopholes in NBA dealings today, the Cavs traded Ilgauskas to Washington in return for Antawn Jamison. After being bought out by the Wizards, Ilgauaskas could have signed with any team outside the Cavs or waited till March 22nd. March 22nd is tomorrow, and Ilgauskas has declined all other offers.
Brian Windhorst of the Plain Dealer reports Ilgauskas hopes to rejoin the team before its road trip starting Tuesday, and play in his first game on Sunday against the Kings.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Cavs re-acclimate Z. You’d assume he’d start with Shaquille O’Neal still out with the thumb injury. But you also don’t want to rush Ilgauskas back, with the Eastern top seed all but wrapped up and Z coming off a long layoff.
One thing’s for certain. He should get quite an ovation his first game back in Cleveland.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7