Mar 21, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Zydrunas Ilgauskas comes home this week.
Using one of the most controversial loopholes in NBA dealings today, the Cavs traded Ilgauskas to Washington in return for Antawn Jamison. After being bought out by the Wizards, Ilgauaskas could have signed with any team outside the Cavs or waited till March 22nd. March 22nd is tomorrow, and Ilgauskas has declined all other offers.
Brian Windhorst of the Plain Dealer reports Ilgauskas hopes to rejoin the team before its road trip starting Tuesday, and play in his first game on Sunday against the Kings.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Cavs re-acclimate Z. You’d assume he’d start with Shaquille O’Neal still out with the thumb injury. But you also don’t want to rush Ilgauskas back, with the Eastern top seed all but wrapped up and Z coming off a long layoff.
One thing’s for certain. He should get quite an ovation his first game back in Cleveland.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32