Mar 21, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Zydrunas Ilgauskas comes home this week.
Using one of the most controversial loopholes in NBA dealings today, the Cavs traded Ilgauskas to Washington in return for Antawn Jamison. After being bought out by the Wizards, Ilgauaskas could have signed with any team outside the Cavs or waited till March 22nd. March 22nd is tomorrow, and Ilgauskas has declined all other offers.
Brian Windhorst of the Plain Dealer reports Ilgauskas hopes to rejoin the team before its road trip starting Tuesday, and play in his first game on Sunday against the Kings.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Cavs re-acclimate Z. You’d assume he’d start with Shaquille O’Neal still out with the thumb injury. But you also don’t want to rush Ilgauskas back, with the Eastern top seed all but wrapped up and Z coming off a long layoff.
One thing’s for certain. He should get quite an ovation his first game back in Cleveland.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85