Mar 20, 2010, 2:52 AM EDT
The accounting of his injuries would make you think Tyreke Evans has taken up MMA fighting. And is not very good at it. From the twitter account of the Sacramento Bee’s Jason Jones:
Concussion, chipped tooth, gum laceration and x-ray to check for jaw fracture tomorrow morning for Evans.
Evans got elbowed in the mouth then his head hit the floor during a loose ball situation late in the fourth quarter of the Kings double overtime loss to the Bucks. He was on the Kings bench for a minute then went to the locker room with his mouth bleeding and did not return.
After the game it was said he would not travel with the team tomorrow to Los Angeles for a Sunday game against the Clippers. Beyond that nothing of his status is known, however if his jaw is broken he would almost certainly be done for the season.
Evans has emerged as the unquestioned leader of Kings and the front-runner for rookie of the year. He is averaging 20 points per game, handles the ball and sets up the offense, and if you prefer PER he leads the team in that as well at 18.5.
Can a guy lose Rookie of the Year with a late-season injury?
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36