Mar 20, 2010, 2:52 AM EDT
The accounting of his injuries would make you think Tyreke Evans has taken up MMA fighting. And is not very good at it. From the twitter account of the Sacramento Bee’s Jason Jones:
Concussion, chipped tooth, gum laceration and x-ray to check for jaw fracture tomorrow morning for Evans.
Evans got elbowed in the mouth then his head hit the floor during a loose ball situation late in the fourth quarter of the Kings double overtime loss to the Bucks. He was on the Kings bench for a minute then went to the locker room with his mouth bleeding and did not return.
After the game it was said he would not travel with the team tomorrow to Los Angeles for a Sunday game against the Clippers. Beyond that nothing of his status is known, however if his jaw is broken he would almost certainly be done for the season.
Evans has emerged as the unquestioned leader of Kings and the front-runner for rookie of the year. He is averaging 20 points per game, handles the ball and sets up the offense, and if you prefer PER he leads the team in that as well at 18.5.
Can a guy lose Rookie of the Year with a late-season injury?
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 0
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 5
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million