Mar 20, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Matt Steinmetz of CSN is reporting that Kelenna Azubuike will not opt-out for next year, keeping him with the Warriors for approximately $3.3 million.
Azubuike told Steinmetz, “That’s the logical thing to do.”
It’s a deep free agency class, and Azubuike could end up getting lost in the shuffle, even with as many teams with room as there are. Taking the money is a smart move there, and then moving into a less populous class, especially after sustaining a torn patella tendon (what is it with patellas this year?) that sidelined him for the year.
But there’s another factor to consider, the CBA. With the owners and David Stern accordingly pushing for a hard cap at a much lower number, dramatically reducing the available salary money for the players, waiting until 2011 could have dramatic effects on players available that summer. It’s a hard line to walk between the impact of injury and the new CBA. Just another example of how complicated salary scenarios are right now.
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 2
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 4
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 32
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record