Mar 20, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
The NBA world had one eye on next year’s rookies today and one eye on the probably Rookie of the Year this year. Last night we let you know about Tyreke Evans’ concussion and other head injuries sustained against the Bucks. There was rampant concern that the Kings were going to announce that Evans was out for the season with a broken jaw.
But Jimmy Spencer of NBA.com broke the news that X-Rays were negative and Evans will only miss a week with the concussion. A scary injury regardless but nothing Evans can’t bounce back from. It won’t be the last time Evans will face injury with his tough, fearless style, but still good news for the youngster. A bruised jaw (what he was diagnosed with) still hurts like hell, but a fracture would have sunk him for the year most likely.
Some would contend that the race for the Rookie of the Year has tightened with the improved play of Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings. But it’s hard to argue with Evans’ legendary-level numbers, or that any rookie means more to their team. I suppose we’ll find out this week with Evans recovering.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 23
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 32
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 5
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31