Mar 20, 2010, 1:35 AM EDT
UPDATE 1:34 am: Phil Jackson didn’t sound optimistic about Bynum after the game. “We’re a little concerned. He’ll probably miss a little while.” No official word on how long he may miss until he is re-evaluated Saturday. There was no incident, Bynum was just running and felt a couple seconds of sharp pain which lessened to just a lot of pain. As if that is better.
Suddenly-the-center Pau Gasol’s reaction: “I don’t even want to think about it.”
12:23 am: Before the Lakers game, Phil Jackson talked at some length about how Andrew Bynum had stayed healthy this season. That some of it was luck, but that he also in recent months had really dedicated himself to strength and conditioning, and that was now paying off on the court.
And then he left two minutes into the third quarter with a strained left Achilles tendon.
He did not return to the game and will be re-evaluated on Saturday. The Lakers play again Sunday (Wizards) before heading out on a key five-game road trip.
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 1
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 20
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 1
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 10