Mar 20, 2010, 1:35 AM EDT
UPDATE 1:34 am: Phil Jackson didn’t sound optimistic about Bynum after the game. “We’re a little concerned. He’ll probably miss a little while.” No official word on how long he may miss until he is re-evaluated Saturday. There was no incident, Bynum was just running and felt a couple seconds of sharp pain which lessened to just a lot of pain. As if that is better.
Suddenly-the-center Pau Gasol’s reaction: “I don’t even want to think about it.”
12:23 am: Before the Lakers game, Phil Jackson talked at some length about how Andrew Bynum had stayed healthy this season. That some of it was luck, but that he also in recent months had really dedicated himself to strength and conditioning, and that was now paying off on the court.
And then he left two minutes into the third quarter with a strained left Achilles tendon.
He did not return to the game and will be re-evaluated on Saturday. The Lakers play again Sunday (Wizards) before heading out on a key five-game road trip.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 2
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 9
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 83
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20