Mar 20, 2010, 1:35 AM EDT
UPDATE 1:34 am: Phil Jackson didn’t sound optimistic about Bynum after the game. “We’re a little concerned. He’ll probably miss a little while.” No official word on how long he may miss until he is re-evaluated Saturday. There was no incident, Bynum was just running and felt a couple seconds of sharp pain which lessened to just a lot of pain. As if that is better.
Suddenly-the-center Pau Gasol’s reaction: “I don’t even want to think about it.”
12:23 am: Before the Lakers game, Phil Jackson talked at some length about how Andrew Bynum had stayed healthy this season. That some of it was luck, but that he also in recent months had really dedicated himself to strength and conditioning, and that was now paying off on the court.
And then he left two minutes into the third quarter with a strained left Achilles tendon.
He did not return to the game and will be re-evaluated on Saturday. The Lakers play again Sunday (Wizards) before heading out on a key five-game road trip.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25