Mar 20, 2010, 1:35 AM EDT
UPDATE 1:34 am: Phil Jackson didn’t sound optimistic about Bynum after the game. “We’re a little concerned. He’ll probably miss a little while.” No official word on how long he may miss until he is re-evaluated Saturday. There was no incident, Bynum was just running and felt a couple seconds of sharp pain which lessened to just a lot of pain. As if that is better.
Suddenly-the-center Pau Gasol’s reaction: “I don’t even want to think about it.”
12:23 am: Before the Lakers game, Phil Jackson talked at some length about how Andrew Bynum had stayed healthy this season. That some of it was luck, but that he also in recent months had really dedicated himself to strength and conditioning, and that was now paying off on the court.
And then he left two minutes into the third quarter with a strained left Achilles tendon.
He did not return to the game and will be re-evaluated on Saturday. The Lakers play again Sunday (Wizards) before heading out on a key five-game road trip.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22