Mar 20, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
It’s a sign of how quickly public perception moves that Amar’e Stoudemire was considered a liability as soon as just two years after he was an MVP candidate. Stoudemire had a rough run from the time GM Steve Kerr brought in Shaquille O’Neal, and was considered so much of a trade asset that his value declined.
Now? The Amar’e Stoudemire we used to know, the one that brought terror to his opponents, who ran the most devastating pick and roll in the league with Steve Nash, the threat to go for 40 any night of the week? That Amar’e is back.
And he’s pissed off, apparently.
In STAT’s (we’re not calling you Sun Tzu, Amar’e. Sorry. Ain’t happening.) last eight games, he’s averaging 30 points and 10 assists. In the words of one of my favorite memes, “Whut?“
This is an insane stretch for Stoudemire, who has the Suns back from the brink of falling out of the playoffs and in a position to challenge for home court in the first round. He dropped 44 on the Jazz last night, scoring the Suns’ first 11 points all by himself. Carlos Boozer said Stoudemire “dominated” the Jazz last night.
Don’t feel bad, Carlos. That’s just what Stoudemire is back to doing.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona