Mar 19, 2010, 11:13 PM EDT
When the basketball gods are angry with you, they are without mercy. And the Knicks have really pissed them off.
David Lee, who starts as the Knicks center despite being an undersized power forward, was scratched just before the game because of tendonitis in his right knee. Eddy Curry wasn’t ready to play yet because he’s Eddy Curry.
So that meant Jonathan Bender got his first ever start in seven years at center. Somehow that offended the gods — after nine minutes of play Bender broke the ring finger on his left hand. He was done for the night.
The super-small-ball, zone-playing Knicks still won, 92-88. Because even the anger of the gods cannot match the Sixers current meltdown.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 18
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 93
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17