Mar 19, 2010, 11:13 PM EDT
When the basketball gods are angry with you, they are without mercy. And the Knicks have really pissed them off.
David Lee, who starts as the Knicks center despite being an undersized power forward, was scratched just before the game because of tendonitis in his right knee. Eddy Curry wasn’t ready to play yet because he’s Eddy Curry.
So that meant Jonathan Bender got his first ever start in seven years at center. Somehow that offended the gods — after nine minutes of play Bender broke the ring finger on his left hand. He was done for the night.
The super-small-ball, zone-playing Knicks still won, 92-88. Because even the anger of the gods cannot match the Sixers current meltdown.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 22
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4