Mar 19, 2010, 11:13 PM EDT
When the basketball gods are angry with you, they are without mercy. And the Knicks have really pissed them off.
David Lee, who starts as the Knicks center despite being an undersized power forward, was scratched just before the game because of tendonitis in his right knee. Eddy Curry wasn’t ready to play yet because he’s Eddy Curry.
So that meant Jonathan Bender got his first ever start in seven years at center. Somehow that offended the gods — after nine minutes of play Bender broke the ring finger on his left hand. He was done for the night.
The super-small-ball, zone-playing Knicks still won, 92-88. Because even the anger of the gods cannot match the Sixers current meltdown.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 3
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38