Mar 19, 2010, 11:13 PM EST
When the basketball gods are angry with you, they are without mercy. And the Knicks have really pissed them off.
David Lee, who starts as the Knicks center despite being an undersized power forward, was scratched just before the game because of tendonitis in his right knee. Eddy Curry wasn’t ready to play yet because he’s Eddy Curry.
So that meant Jonathan Bender got his first ever start in seven years at center. Somehow that offended the gods — after nine minutes of play Bender broke the ring finger on his left hand. He was done for the night.
The super-small-ball, zone-playing Knicks still won, 92-88. Because even the anger of the gods cannot match the Sixers current meltdown.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 2
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12